Do you think marriage is overrated?

The title says it all ^_^

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally no I don't , I've always loved the thought of being married. But some people think that it's overrated and that's perfectly fine too :) . Some people don't need a law binding document to be happy and together forever and that's completely justified :)

What Guys Said 6

• I sure do. I worked with a girl and she got married to a guy I think it was after only knowing him for 1 month. The way I feel right now is that I never ever ever want to get married or will ever be interested in marriage. I think marriage is a trap. Who knows my thoughts may change if I ever find a girlfriend.

• Some people treat marriage like a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. They just want to be able to say "Hey, look at me, I'm married", which is pretty retarded. I won't even consider marriage until I'm 30+ years of age. I think that's the appropriate age.

• Nah just cause a couple of bad eggs marry irresponsibly doesn't mean its bad.

• No, i don't. I do thonk it is underestimated though!

• It is if the chick isn't the best ever.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think it is. I just think some people jump into marriage for selfish reasons and then realize they can't handle it and then end it because of that. People don't take marriage as seriously as they should. That's a bg reason of why it doesn't work out a lot of times.

• I don't understand the question. Do you mean that Just living together is as good as a piece of paper? or do you mean that it is ok to just hop from one partner to another throughout your life?

• I mean the first option.

• I think that the first option is perfectly legit, and i know couples who have been successful for over 40 years without a paper to prove it. That being said. I, myself, want a proposal, a ring, a beautiful wedding dress, a big church and yes, I want a marriage certificate too. I think those desires may be genetic:)

• Somewhat and so are babies.

• Not overrated but not necessary too.
    People these days think it is a fun game

• No I don't think marriage is overrated. mind you I'm a hopeless romantic:D

• I don't think it is. It's about commitment and it depends on the people invested in the relationship. If they are doing it because it's what their religion is asking them to do it then they are getting married because it's what they believe is the right thing to do. Thou some marriages don't work out it is probably because they haven't found the person they want to be with and they don't want to conform to a relationship were they are unhappy.😊