Why would anyone want to get married? ?

This is a serious question that's been bothering me for a while. Why on earth would anyone want to get married? I know people say it makes them happy but why? How do you accept the fact that you have to spend the rest of your life with one person?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it isn't love unless you WANT to spend the rest of your life with that person. If you're in love, then you'll give up having sex EVER AGAIN if that's what it took to be with the one you love. [But luckily, it turns out that marriage usually means MORE sex. Check out what I said here (the username to look for is "sin-and-love"): sin-and-love.deviantart.com/.../Virginity-is-Bad-313432269 ]

What Guys Said 5

• She makes me smile. She is a shoulder to cry on, a mother for my child, a sexual addiction, a cook, a maid, a lover, and most important a friend.

• To build a family and have kids. Plus, people may really be into American Dream, i know i am.

• It's ok if it's just like an FB status. Like on/off switch lol.

• Money. It's technically cheaper to be married, than it is to be single

• Men don't marry precisely because she's going to leave for another person (and take everything he owns in the process). You've got things a bit mixed up of the one person for the rest of your life thing.

But to answer your question directly, people get married because they're stupid. Really fucking stupid. Or religious. Which is another way of saying stupid.

What Girls Said 4

• For a lot of people , if you are with the right person your spending the rest of your life with your best friend. You get to do life with them, wake up to them, and know they are forever yours. It's a binding thing and it can really strengthen the love between two people. However there is the flip side which is divorce (which happens a lot these days) and picking the wrong person for all the wrong reasons and just not being happy. I think now a days with divorce rates and love being so hard to find it does seem pretty pointless honestly because you never know and marriage for some people does overwhelm them and break them apart so it isn't for everyone but it can be a beautiful thing for some.

• well, people who want to get married dont have commitment issues, are loyal, and are ok with the fact that one person can be all they ever need.

• I've noticed that once people get married things between them get bad, I know people who have been together for 20 years and just got married a few months ago (July) and now they are getting a divorce, after 20 years of being together and only 7 months married

• did they live together/cohabitate before getting married?

• so there's no explanation at all?

• I have no clue maybe there was infidelity or something

• to share a life with someone and build a family