Whats the point of marriage if you are just settling for someone?

Like think about it there is always someone else that someone wanted more than you but people lie to themselves just so they dont feel alone. How can people enjoy lying to themselves?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's something wrong with you personally if that's your idea of what marriage is.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think I settled. I found someone I share goals with, we get along wonderfully, have a great sex life, we make each other happy, take care of each other, there's no settling involved. If you see marriage in that light perhaps for you, you may be just settling for someone, or you just haven't met the right person. In the past I have been in unhappy, unhealthy relationships, NOW looking back, I see the difference and I know what I have now is something completely different.

What Guys Said 2

• It's not a lie to want a family, and most people in history have "settled" due to a lack of choices or time. In fact, that's more the rule than the exception. And most of those marriages lasted a lifetime. I suppose things are just different now.

• have to say you have a good. I couldn't enjoy lying to each other my whole fucking life I'd be miserable