Do guys like girls like me? Should I wait till marriage?

My father is a Minister and he gave me a purity ring when I turned 14 (or 13, can't remember) I want a white wedding and that means I would still be a virgin. It's not like I'm doing it because I'm super amish or something, I just want it that way. I feel like I'll never find a guy that would wait till we are married. I'd just be really proud of myself if I did make it. White weddings are just so uncommon and when I do see them they are awful lovely.

White Wedding- A wedding in which the bride can wear white for the traditional reason, that she is a virgin.

Most Helpful Guy

• Men are polygamous by nature and females are monogamous. This has been this way since the beginning of time. Keep on waiting on the world to change.

All bets are off when a man finds a woman who he cannot live without and he becomes a 1 woman band.

• Also, women who have only 1 sexual partner seem to be much happier than those who have multiple. Maybe its because they are trying to fill a hole that can only be satisfied through God.

What Guys Said 32

• You should do whatever you feel comfortable doing. If a guy doesn't want to wait if you ask him to, then he doesn't love you enough and he isn't the right guy for you.

• If that's want you want, then do it. Many guys don't like to wait to marriage, so some guys will reject you because of that, but that decision makes you the person you are, so if he doesn't wanna wait, it's because he doesn't truly love you for who you are.
    There are guys that will wait, that will respect your decision, so don't worry, don't question your decision because then it'll be hard for you to maintain it, and you may regret it.

There's people for everyone out there, just be patient, open to everyone, but always stick to who YOU are.

• NO

no... it's the dumpest idea to save yourself till marriage.

why? what if you never marry? WHY you're saving yourself? give me a LOGICAL reason. don't mention religion and silly stuff like that. i want a LOGICAL reason only.

• A pureness of heart and a clean soul.

• You realize i meant teen pregnancies "outside a marriage" by that right? And we haven't come any distance at all, we're still the same animal as we were twenty thousand years ago.

• Yeah, but still. Can you elaborate on that for me?

• I'd be fine with that if that's what you wanted.

• If you are the right girl for me it would totally be willing to wait as long as you need.
    But i am not someone who wants to marry just yet so you would have to be prepared waiting a few years until i am ready to do so.

Another thing is that i obviously have sex lust so i would need satisfaction in some way. How far you wan't to go is entirely up to you. It could be just teasing so i can get off , going a bit further but no intercourse or being ok with me watching p*rn instead.

For me our relationship would be because i love you as a person, not for the things you do. So i don't think the lack of sexual intercourse would drive us apart as long as the other aspects of our relationship are healthy.

• Yes save yourself for sure

• Waiting until marriage would be great, for you. It really would. You'd avoid heartbreak and unwanted pregnancies, trashy guys, etc.

Thing is, waiting until marriage only is really good if you plan to marry young. (who wants to wait until 26 to have sex?)

The other thing is, waiting until marriage is terrible for a man. See, marriage is a heavy legal commitment that is very much NOT in men's favor, at all, in the least. And tons of girls out there will happily have sex with a guy they've dated for months, or even just met. Depends on the girl.

So you're kinda telling guys, "Instead of getting sex for the cost of a few dates from other girls, I require a massive legal commitment that you probably can't afford until you're 26 or such, and legally puts you at a huge disadvantage in our relationship."

Marriage today is an utterly horrible deal for men. To use the tired car analogy...

1. Drive the car for free, no insurance needed, just pay a little for gas. Walk away if the car starts giving you problems.
    2. You bought the car before driving it. The car doesn't have to drive, if it doesn't want to. The car can leave you on a whim and require you to continue making payments for the rest of your life.

• Frankly, I don't see a point in waiting until marriage.

First of all, a couple may be incompatible in bed, which might lead to cheating and divorce.
    And second, a guy's boner won't get harder as he ages. Imagine you're buying something with expiration date. Would you wait a few days before eating that?

• As a religious guy. Not only would I LOVE to marry a virgin but I am waiting till marriage also. It's much healthier emotionally, physically and spiritually. If you want to date a guy just tell him your waiting and if he truly accepts and respects you he will wait too. He won't like waiting nobody does but it's a personal choice and you gotta remember to choose between what is right and what is easy.

• Virginity means nothing to me. It's not something that affects my decision in liking a girl

• If it makes you happy, than I suggest you wait until marriage. Don't be pressured into doing something you don't want to do. I think marrying a virgin would be ideal, but it won't be easy. Good Luck

• Good luck finding a guy who wants to sign the preorder agreement and show his willingness to invest by purchasing two overpriced rings. I love the true value of what marriage is.

• Just wait it will make the exploration all the better.

• i think thats adorable

• Come to Turkey, majority of us will wait until marriage. It's about level of conservatism really, if you want i bet you can find a guy who'd do that for you. But, don't expect it to happen if i don't know you find a boyfriend when you're eighteen and keep him until the middle of your twenties until you get married. That wouldn't work in a Western Society.

• That's alright with me. I don't really care if a girl is a virgin or not, just that she has standards.

• I did not require my wife to be a virgin, nor did I desire that

• Liking someone is not about whether they want to stay a virgin till marriage or not, if someone truly likes you they will wait and respect your wish.
    You should wait until marriage, as it seems you really want it that way but just fear that guys wouldn't like you.

• A lot of guys are virgins too. People will pressure you to have sex but they are the immature ones. Do what is right for you.

• If I loved you I would be willing to wait. Although I am not virgin myself anymore.

My question is: Do you think that this would be a problem to you?

• In the bible it says that a man should save himself for his wife as well, but honestly thats not my problem. As long as he is a good man and has pure intentions with me.

• Yeah definitely wait for hour wedding, guy's like girls who are chaste!! And you would be able to find similar guys who also kept it to marriage.

• Corrupting you will be so much fun.

• There's a difference between being a slut and not being virgin. Being non virgin is not a bad or dirty thing. I think this way: If i stay as virgin i will probably want my girl virgin. And vice versa.

• what you do is up to you... It's a rarity to find a guy willing to wait... but I'm sure it should be easy for a girl like yourself to find them. I'd do it, but your 17 and I gave up on love.

• If you need a friend whom will be honest with you and will help you with advice, just to chat and what not, I'm here for you. What I gain from thid is a friend

• the idea of saving yourself for marriage is a noble one but when this tradition was started people would get married at young ages, usually around the time they hit puberty.

• I wear a purity ring too, and my dad's a pastor too.

• I would totally date you! It's a shame you live on the wrong side of the planet. :(

• If that's what you want, go for it.
    Might not be plenty but sure there are guys out there for you!

• it is best idea

• You're beautiful.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 7

• I think you should do whatever you feel is best for yourself. If you want to wait then wait and don't let anyone talk you into doing something you don't want to do. Men who are also waiting for marriage will like you. If you're serious about waiting until marriage, it would be best for you to be with someone who also wants that.

• Not all will, but the right guy should love a girl like you! If he doesn't respect your wishes and your values, he's not worth it anyway. If a guy doesn't like you because of your values and morals, then he doesn't love you anyway and is not worth the time. Keep the faith! You are only 17, you will find someone someday : )

• I don't really care what all those guys think.. I think its nice that you are willing to wait. I'm doing the same because it makes me feel nice and satisfied with my self..
    And I have a guy who values my decision you'll surly find one too :)

• Well, you really have this romantic idea about a white wedding. If you really want that then you should do it. There are enough religious guys who might wait for you, if not, they're not right anyways for you. Don't do something stupid and regret it your whole life

• I like that ideas, that's lovely ^___^ best of luck..

• Do it because you want to. Other people should not affect your decision. If I were you, I wouldn't have asked about it on here. Just talk to your friends. You're 17, there are a lot that will happen, let those experiences teach you life lessons that will make you learn the best decision for your life.

• You'll find guys like that. They'll just be pretty rare.