Any other man a little hesitant to get married?

Is any other bro a little afraid to get married these days? I mean, there just seems to be too much risk involved. What if she cheats on you? And you want a divorce but yet she gets most of everything. What if kids are involved? You'll have to pay child support and alimony for a long time. Yeah yeah "you have to find the right person" blah blah blah. Realistically, that's hard to do and you never can really know. Anyways what do you guys or girls think about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• i agree. there are a lot of risks... i don't want to be cheated on, i don't want him to take my possessions, i don't want my kids to be split between two homes... you're right- you can never really know a person. you can observe, see how they behave, what they say, and all that good stuff... but at the end of the day, you can't read their minds and you won't ever know what they're always thinking. it's a huge risk.

• It is risky, that's why the marriage rate has dropped so much in the past twenty years, I think. More and more people seem to be opting out.

• i'm not really sure opting out is the better alternative. not convinced on that front.

• There's definitely to much room for failure. So could it be possible that we as men and women are growing farther and farther apart? With the rise of feminism and MGTOW, how are we supposed to act? Seems like we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

What Girls Said 1

• Marriage doesn't give you a guarantee. Stop thinking about marriage. Be the person you want to be and hopefully someone will come along and your fear of commitment will go away.

• I'm definitely not worried about marriage. I've just seen some great men go through some terrible divorces to where they've lost almost everything. Granted they became better men because of it but why put myself in that situation? It's just doesn't seem logical. But I kind of see what you mean.

• True it should be about love and respect. But, these days it seems to be about more of a "status" thing. Example, people getting married just to get married because it's the "right" thing to do. Just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. It's not exactly worth it. I mean, you can say "Wait for the right person" all day but you never can predict the future.

• I totally agree the meaning of marriage has been lost. Getting married is like a casual thing anymore.

What Guys Said 2

• I am common-law with my wife. We are not legally married. We are going on 18 years very happy as is!

• Marriage is an antiquated ritual which is derived from the tradition of a father giving up ownership of his daughter to a man, usually in exchange for property or even sometimes nobility. In India, before the British arrived, if a wife died the husband found a new wife, but if the husband died she was supposed to throw herself into the fire because her life was considered to be meaningless without her husband. And if she tried to escape her ritualized suicide, the family would throw her into the fire anyways. When you consider the historical origins of marriage, as well as the religious and legal implications, it becomes clear that this barbaric tradition should have no place in a modern society. But all the ladies think it's romantic so on it goes.