Why won't my boyfriend of 6 years marry me?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 6 years now. We've lived together pretty much the entire time. We've always had a great relationship for... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Men are naturally afraid of commitment. And some like to think things are right "just the way they are". Or rather, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". The truth is, some men like to do just enough to get by. Even if that means their relationship. It seems your boyfriend fits this type of male. Sorry to say, but your gonna have to push him. An ultimatum will not work. You don't want a forced marriage do you?

But the real shocker here is, do you really want to be in a relationship where you had to put in more effort than the other? It seems your the only one pushing for marriage and he's still stuck like a rock. I'm sorry, but since he's already 30, I doubt he's ever going to mature. Or even anytime soon. You can wait him out if you want, and hopefully he might see what he's missing. A chance to make you really happy and move into the next step of your relationship. And after six years, it's obvious you never pushed him. Six years you've invested, so you deserve to scrutinize whether you should stick around for another six years. Good luck.