True/False - Children are a security for marriage to last long?

• True
  • False

Most Helpful Guy

• False, but put it this way. This is not directed to the asker of the question but to anyone. Take a look at your biological parent's life. Are they still married? If not, why? Is it because of them having children or them having inconsistencies in building their relationship? If it were true that it does keep thing secure, then everyone should be having children, but that's not the case for many unprivileged people out there. Are you and your spouse (or bf/gf or soon-to-be spouse, you know what I'm getting at) mutually talk/think about both your future's plan with having children? If children is your lifelong desire, then make it count for that child to see what a secure marriage is like. (random thought of the day)

What Girls Said 7

• Children don't magically solve the couple's problems. If you want your marriage to last, you have to talk with your significant other. About your dreams, your plans, your thoughts, your ideas, your problems, stuff that hurt you..

• False. Children don't make a relationship better at all especially if it was a bad relationship to begin with. People who think they do are living in a fantasy land. Anyone who stays married only because they have kids is also fooling themselves.

• No. Sometimes it's financial ad emotional bondage because they are expensive to have and one spouse or the other can't leave because of the financial burdens.

• No. Why would you think that? People have kids for the same reason they get married and buy a house, because that is what you are supposed to do you good little worker bee.

Choose Life.

• False, and this is why people are making a grave mistake when they think that having a child will fix a broken relationship.

• Some scholar I read a while back suggested:

Have a baby.

A child would bond you for at least another 5 years.
    I don't remember the scholar's name.

• that i is faalse. i have 22 siblings and my parents got devorced when i was 13.

What Guys Said 7

• No they are not. Source: The 10's and 100's of single mothers out there, especially those that thought they could 'trap " man

• false to the bone... i've seen tons of divorced couples with children

• my parents had me.. split up -__- i guess im just n ugly baby

• I would say true

• More like an anchor to fix broken bonds and an attempt to try to repair things. (in some cases)

• depends on the culture

• That used to be but nowadays the culture has changed in the West so that people get divorced at the slightest hiccup, effects to the kids be damned, they don't try make effort to make it work.