Why is gay marriage still illegal in some states?

It's 2015. Why can't people just accept that lbgt couples are apart of life and are in love just as much as straight couples are!
If the reason it isn't allowed in some states is because religion then that is complete bs. All because it says "a man shall not lay with another man" or something like that in a book that God supposedly wrote. America is about religious freedom and the fact that gay couples aren't allowed to get married because of Christian beliefs totally goes against it. Because not everyone is Christian. Not everyone believes in that. Plus if God hated gay people then why would he make his children that way?
Another theory I heard is that it's because gay and lesbian couples can't make children on their own so it's "pointless" for them to get married because they can't start a family. If that was the case then any straight couple where the woman has infertile eggs, had her tubes tied, or a man that had a vasectomy, shouldn't be allowed to get married either.
It just doesn't make to me at all! I think it's just because a bunch of homophobic assholes!

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya ever realise how a majority of the states that are opposed to sam sex marriage are predominantly republican run, christian, southern states?

What Guys Said 3

• Gay people can get married in those states that are legal. Regardless of the reason, this is a state issue. States are protected by the Constitution to decide on these matters. It's similar to polygamy.

• Under the federal republic of the USA, states are free to make their own laws representing their specific populace. This is supposed to allow greater freedom and the states to compete with each other in various areas.

Unless not allowing gay marriage somehow becomes unconstitutional, the states are free to do as they wish.

Many will soon realize that it is in their best interests to make it legal, if only for increased tax revenue.

• The week I joined this site I came across a question by a girl asking what to do about the fact that her boyfriend was masturbating to her baby pictures. See how you felt? That's exactly how these people feel about gay people. As a result, they have such a hard time accepting that gayness isn't a sin. I should know, because I initially had the same reaction. But I eventually got over it.

What Girls Said 2

• I totally agree with you. Couldn't believe the article I read about Alabama today.

• Freedom of religion