Christian othodox wedding vs christian wedding?

What is the difference between christian othodox and christian? and what happens in a orthodox wedding and orthodox wedding party? Thanks (getting married to a christian orthodox in 7 months)

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is a comparison when it comes down to the theoretical foundation
    http://christianityinview.com/comparison.html

As for the wedding itself there might me slight differences depending on what church you are going to. Every east European nation has its own church and although they are 99% identical in their practices there might be minimal difference from what I describe. Basically you go there, the priest starts reciting (sometimes even signing) prayers and stuff from the bible. You and your spouse each hold a large candle. The priest puts two golden crowns on your heads. More prayers. He puts a piece of cloth over both your hands as if you are tied together. More prayers. You can kiss the bride. :) You can check YouTube for visual confirmation

• Thankyou, been watching YouTube videos iv got what happens in the church now but what happens in the party after i know they pin money on us and have a first dance do they have a father daughter dance? Do they throw the flowers stuff like that thankyoouu x

• What happens after the church ceremony is entirely up to you and your husband. Sometimes money are involved but that's more for fun rather than an important tradition. We don't have the "don't see the bride before the wedding" since they go to the church together but as I said - there are no strict rules outside the church. Just talk to him so that there aren't any surprises.

What Guys Said 2

• Orthodox weddings are very long. I went to one that lasted 4 to 5 hours and that was just the ceremony alone.

• oh god imagine! Did u stay till the end? Im in cyprus i heard there 1 to 1 1/2 hours

• thats mental lol haha

• Hah that's some party! Most orthodox weddings are like an hour long.

• I don't understand the question. Christian orthodox is still Christian.

What Girls Said 1

• @musicbrain5 - i think she might know more about this stuff

As far as the wedding, it's more like a roman catholic wedding ceremony - it's long and has more rituals involved. I believe it includes a crowning ceremony.