What makes a girl 'wife material'?

What makes a girl wife material? l my Bfs friends told me I'm wife material but I don't get it why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on what makes a girl "wife material". If a girl has a career, and has the qualities that would make a good wife like she is caring, respectful, easy to get along with, dresses appropriately, honest, that would make a any girl "wife material". It's kinda hard now a days to find someone who would make "wife material".

What Guys Said 9

• Well, no girl is wife material at 15. So like most guys, they just said that because it's what they think you want to hear.

But in my opinion, "wife material" simply means loyal. Being able to cook and clean is nice. But if she's in it for the long haul, that alone is worth putting a ring on it.

At least I think so.

• It's going to differ from guy to guy but overall it's usually something like being nurturing, loving, motherly, loyal and the list goes on...

• although i don't want to get married, i'm praying for future "wives" to not give up their jobs in order ot raise their children... i'm really praying for it

• personally, I feel like a child can't really be raised well without getting more attention than 2 working parents can give. I don't think I want to have one unless either the wife or I can afford to stay at home.

• At 15 i doubt any of your bf's have any clue what wife material is. At that age sex is the only thing that matters to most guys

• My bf is 20 so he probably does

• 20 year old dating a 15 year old... To be blunt he is not thinking with his head on his shoulders... May just be the dad in me talking

• It's fine honest my brother approved him lol he's a really nice boy and treats me like his princess❤

• She's capable the things that she expects from a wife: Good mother abilities, kind, serious in life, kind, able to care a out a family, empathic, not afraid to do housework etc

• Motherly, caring, loving and smart. This is the perfect wife material, i don't know which ones you posess though.

• exactly what it means will vary from guy to guy, but generally it's an enormous compliment.

• She has to be/come from good breading stock.

• A woman that is career driven, self-disciplined, self-motivated, committed to the relationship, loyal, hard working, honest, respectful, isn't slutty and who can believes in communication.

A vast majority of women are none of these things and are not therefore 'wife material' which is why marriage is an institute that is dying on its feet. 4/10 people in the US feel marriage is obsolete and since 1960 the number of marriages have decreased from 72% to 50% and that number will only continue to fall.

Men in the Western World are waking up and smelling the coffee. Marriage does not benefit a man nearly as much as it benefits a woman.

• It doesn't really benefit anyone just wanna be with him for the rest of my time

• That's good to hear it would be nice if two people could remain together like that but the harsh reality is that we live in a disposable society obsessed with material possessions and we treat each other like disposable objects, but I wish you well.

I do disagree with you that marriage doesn't benefit anyone, it benefits women more than men. A lot of men have been left broken and destroyed by a failed marriage, their home has been taken away from them, along with their children and all they have is weekend visiting rights and must pay child maintenance to the child's Mother who is free to spend that money on whatever she wants.

If a woman marries a wealthy man she can divorce him and she'll never have to work again, the legal system will make sure she has a comfortable life while her ex-Husband is left with the task of picking up his shattered life.

What Girls Said 1

• I suppose it means that you are what a large number a men would consider to have what it takes to be a wife. I think it's sexist, since i don't hear any girl saying husband material.

• Visit Turkey some time.

• Well if you think about it, most of those things that makes a woman "wife material" are things like being a virgin and/or not sleeping around, looking after children, knowing how to cook, how to clean and etc. Those are the things most of the guys wouldn't want to do, and for some reason it's not expected of them by the society.

• Society is wrong sometimes.