Can you really have a lasting marriage getting engaged after only a few months, or under a year?

Of course, I know of marriages like this from my parents and aunts and uncles. Really anyone in their 50's and 60's that I know personally.

I have been married. And we were together a very long time before we were engaged. I know what I need to know of someone and at the same time it's almost as if you can't ever know enough.

But I have a connection with someone and we communicate intensely. We are on the same page about everything. Everything except since I've been married im just used to things taking longer from that experience with that relationship. But no two relationships are the same.

With the way things are going I can't help but wonder if we will be one of those couples that gets engaged fairly quickly. I'm afraid but also I just don't see how things couldn't work, work out, and last forever. In such a short amount of time.

I'm curious to hear from others. Thank you

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• You can but it's extremely unlikely. I wouldn't take the risk. Why rush it when you can take your time & be more confident about your decision? If it works out the way you hope then waiting won't make a difference in the long run and it'll save you the aggravation if it would've been a mistake.

• If the connection is there then it's there