She doesn't like jewelery... How do I propose?

So I'm in love with this girl, I want to marry her.

The problem is she hates jewelery... and I'm at a loss at how I'm suppose to ask her to marry me without the token "engagement ring". I’ve had people suggest we get matching tattoos but I'm pretty sure she’s not into getting anything that permanent. Any ideas?

(We've been dating for 2 years now...)

Most Helpful Girl

• I would propose with a ring regardless of whether or not she likes jewelry. If she loves you she will be willing to accept it. If marriage is what you want then you need to be sure that you both are accepting of eachother's wants and needs. She shouldn't be the only one getting what she wants. Just try it and see how she reacts. If she flips...she isn't the girl for you hun.

• I'm not going to be a jerk and get her something she obviously dislikes. I was looking for an alterative to getting a ring.

• She would be the jerk in this situation, if she turned down or was snobby about something such as this.

What Girls Said 2

• I think with proposing it's not the ring, it's the idea behind it^^ And if you both are in love and care about eachother, she will jump in your arms and say yes:D

(Oh I'm such a sucker for proposals xD)

• hates much huh? are you sure its not just a specific type of jewellery she hates?

• Nope, the only type of jewelry she has ever worn is a pearl necklace. She's refused to get her ears pierced and she won't wear rings, bracelets or necklaces. Don't ask me why, she just doesn't like it.

What Guys Said 2

• A female that isn't into jewelery. Didn't know such a gal existed. Had one thought a candy lolly pop ring in a box. Explain why and tell here if she wants the real thing the 2 of you can go pick rings as a couple. Oh you might want to take the wrapper off even tho its food.

• The candy ring idea is actually pretty funny... I'll consider it.

• Well If she hates jewellery then just ask her with flowers or find out what she dose like and propose with that...