Do you think having a bacelorette or bachelor party is a good idea?

Just what it says people... do you think bachelor or bachelorette parties are a good idea, or do they lead to strippers and promiscuity which can have a profound effect on a new marriage?

• Yes - I want a bachelor/bachelorette Party to have my last hoorah!
  • No - I think they are an awful idea and they lead to nothing but trouble!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they have the potential to go horribly wrong, especially if there are strippers or if it's in an environment where temptation abounds. Alcohol severely clouds judgment in these settings. My husband and I didn't have those parties, simply because that's not our style. We're not party people and the wedding was celebration enough for us and our friends/families.

• I like your idea.. why celebrate individually with friends... it is suppose to be about celebrating together.

• Thanks for most helpful.

• Your welcome :)

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah I want one when I get married, but no strippers haha. I'll probably just take my girlfriends and have a dance party and a sleepover.

• Sounds pretty tame... I like that kind of party... you can still have a good time without strippers etc.

• It depends entirely on the person throwing the bachelor/ette and the bachelor/ette and their friends attending the bachelor/ette party / partaking in the activities.

My cousin just had his bachelor party this past weekend and everything went fine. No cheating, no shady shit.

His fiance is having her bachelorette party this coming weekend, and I'm attending, but I don't foresee anything scandalous happening. As far as I know it's going to be pretty low-key. Just a party bus, dinner, and then drinking, etc. at her mom's house.

• I think it comes down to the people... if they are decent and they truly love one another... there should be no worries!

If they are a playboy or playgirl then there is always the possibility not just a the party but later on in life too!

• So basically what I said, lol. But yes.

• Yup was just agreeing with you!

• not so much a hoorah as saying goodbye to single life, friends, graduating from childish things, becoming more involved with love, parenting, business as it draws you away from that past life
    YES

• I think a bachelor (ette) party can be great as long as everyone is responsible.

• I'm honestly dreading my bachelorette party. But my sisters insist.

• You figure she is going to try to embarrass you a little?

• She knows how to humiliate me. Better than anybody should have the right to.

• Ya never know she might surprise you... my bro is a big kid always trying to get a laugh out of people... he was exceptional at my wedding!

• That would be like saying i couldn't have a bachelorette party. U get to have a good time with friends, which may be ur last. Not like anything that happens there will change ur mind about getting married.

• I always said that if my fiance had a bachelor party, me and my girls would crash it dressed as strippers. We'd have a mask and give the guys lapdances. My husband better know its me too!

• Hahaha... if he does not know it is you... at least run for the hills ;)

• I like the way you think! Thanks for the tip lol

• No worries... good luck!

What Guys Said 6

• i'll do it for my friends and to have fun with them but if there is a stripper I won't partake. but generally yeah its a good idea, because its having a last blowout of fun with your buddies.

• So is it like a big drinkfest and that's it... no chicks... just the men sending there buddy off?

• its possible to have fun with just the guys. every guys will be doing that for the rest of his life (hopefully)

• I am hearing ya... it can be fun with just the guys! No issues then afterwards!

• basically bachelor parties are the stupidest parties in my opinion, and i don't understand the purpose for it.

• Party? Yeah sure. I don't see the appeal of the stereotypical stag do of going to a strip club or whatever though. Surely you'd rather just see your incredible wife-to-be instead in that respect?

• no i will not have one of those parties, if i am marrying a women why do need to be surrounded by naked women before our wedding?
    to me it doesn't make sense

• I don't really see the point, but they're harmless

• I have been to parties that got WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY out of hand.

• Like how bad?

• Well when you can't get past the bachelor party without having sex with a dancer or one of the bridesmaids, old gf, etc.,... YOUR PROBABLY NOT READY!!! lol

• I agree.