How long do you think you should be in a relationship before you think you should propose?

I've gotten different answers from friends, but what do you think? You've known them for years, are comfortable with them. How long of a relationship til you propose?

• 1 year
  • 5 years
  • No limit
  • Never

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the MINIMUM is 1 year. But there's not maximum. When you know, you know.

Then again, I could have told you I was going to marry my boyfriend about 5 minutes after meeting him when I was 14 and yet, here I sit, 21 and not proposed to :p

But I think a year is good. People are different during different times of the year. You have to know how they are at these times. If you meet someone in January, start dating in February , get engaged in June, and married in October, you could be extremely alarmed to find out that Christmas sends them into fits of PTSD rage from an attack a few years back. Or something else.

So a year is good. Longer is probably better. But a year is good.

What Guys Said 2

• I think at least a few years (3-4) is a proper amount of time, with at least one of those years you living with the person.

• Never. But if you really want to, then at least 10 years

What Girls Said 3

• oo good question. i think it's just when they both feel ready to take that step. id personally like to go for 3-5 years so ill vote B, but hey, who knows right?

• I feel when you really feel like you've found "the one" and you know you want to be with this person for the rest of your life is when you shoud propose. But also when you feel comfortable as a couple together.

• When the time is right I guess. No limit. :)