Would you stay married if ______?

My husband is not supportive! We got together when I was really Young and didn't care to indulge in any thing that I liked. As I grow older Im beginning to develop interests in pursuing my education, a better job, extra curricular activities on my own... etc. But my husband does not support me! How can I ever be encouraged to follow my goals if he doesn't show any enthusiasm when I express my self to him? He' s def a Mr kill joy. How would you deal with a spouse like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• If it were me... I'd do it all anyways lol. I hate it when guys try to control me and the things that I do. Just try to have a different mindset- you don't need his support to go have fun and live your life! You only live once. Make the best of it. It would be better if he supported you, but if he's not the type to be supportive with things like that, I'd say you should definitely consider divorce or just do your own thing anyways.

• True! His negativity does get the best of me. I hate going to do something he didn't support. I can't even tell him about it nor share my accomplishment's

• I agree. You shouldn't be with someone who won't support and encourage you to do the things you love in life

What Guys Said 6

• A pessimistic mindset at life in general, is toxic for ANY relationship or marriage in my opinion.

The world is cruel and pessimistic enough as it is; having a pessimistic partner, only compounds the emotional and spiritual burden of adult life.

You don't need the extra baggage. I'm not saying to divorce him... but please, please PLEASE do some sort of marriage counseling to tackle these issues. Otherwise u will end up being divorced.

• Does he have a reason of not supporting you?
    Because I can't think of any.

• Not at all. I do feel he knows I might do better than him so he would feel better if I was at home controlled to being as simple as possible. It ranges from going to church, to joining a charity run.

• Good way of putting it. Thanks.

• Just keeping things in perspective.
      I'm sure you already knew that , what matter nows is... what are you going to choose?
      Time doesn't wait for anyone.

• Try going to a marriage counselor and work real hard together so you can fix this.

• Poop on his chest or succumb to crippling depression

• i get the feeling that there is not much love there anymore, time to move on, get on with your life the way you want it to be, enjoy your life, i think it would be best for you husband too as he will be forced to grow up and learn what it is like in the real world, these are some of the problems when getting married so young.

• Leave him asap

What Girls Said 2

• get a better husband? maybe. he will be supportive for that. there are lots of greedy cheater out there.

• A guy who loves you supports your " present" and encourages your " future"

• Yes! Ugh I see divorce in Our future

• I can totally relate what you are saying. I do genuinely hope you can find a way to pursue your dreams. Good luck! X

• Very wise and very much appreciated.