Is a girl at 33 lame if she still struggles to live in a nice place?

im 33 and still can barley aford to live by my self. mind you the city i live in is so expensive, rent is outrages here. so most people have a partner they share with. I don't have anyone. been single for 4 years, just bad luck i guess.
I feel like such a loser for being this old and barley being able to pay rent :( and i can't seem to find a partner. all my friends are married and so happy. yet i just can't find anyone and can't even live a comfortable life. this sucks.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're doing well if you live in a nice place alone. Don't think for a second that it's lame. You're a winner just for staying the course. Figure out a way to pinch a few pennies here and there so you have a stack of cash. Having a lot of cash on hand gives you more flexibility to improve your life and prevent disaster from destroying it.

Even if you're struggling, there is something you can cut. If you learn how to properly invest and open a brokerage account, you can have an edge over your peers in a few years in spite of them making more money and living more exciting lives. Financial savvy wins in the long run. The sooner you start, the better.

• thank you for that :)

What Guys Said 3

• You're not lame, no. It's possible that you're trying to live beyond your means, but hey, the 21st century is ripe for the pickin' with people that do this. :)

Living in awesome places is awesome, but high cost of living isn't awesome. It's the ultimate Catch-22.

• It's understandable. I know what the average income is and wonder how many people afford to live in my area.

• Na, I live in London, it's the same here.

• its just so ridiculous how expensive rent is where i live.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you should move and get a fresh start somewhere :)