I don't know if it feels right to?

Me & my boyfriend were talking about if we ever got married that I would have to convert to islam to become a muslim. But I'm not so sure if I want to convert as I'm used to the life I'm living now with no rules, if that makes sense, my life will change a lot, but I do love my boyfriend so much. but I don't know what to do...

• Convert
  • Don't convert
  • Other
  • Stressing over nothing

Most Helpful Guy

• Why and what would you have to change if you convert to islam?
    I m a muslim and i can tell you that its a logical religion with a lot of flexibility, yes you would have to give up alcohol and pork but i guess most people who enter islam are okay with it. Apart from that there isn't much that you wouldn't be able to do

What Guys Said 7

• Converting ones self by there own choice is one thing but being told that you have to in my opinion it an indicator of ownership and control. So that within it's self tells me to tell them that they can kiss my butt. I may be their equil but I won't ever be someone's property that they can twist to suit their wants or likes.

• Don't convert at all... if i had a gf i wouldn't care anything about her religion... And i wouldn't want her to convert... this is the typical indian thinking... Where he wants you to convert... that's wrong... too. its like throwing away your own identity...

Its your call what to do but if o had a gf wanting to convert me into something i would tell her to accept me as i am or dump her...

• Well.. its totally personal thing... you dont need to ask strangers about it...

But a true husband is the one who accepts her wife as she is and leaves the choice on her!
    I think you would not like it but i am just being honest! (dont mind the age)

• you really never heard of the islamic state.

• Be your own person. If he can't accept you because of religion, then he sucks.

• If you converted you would no longer be you. Doesn't he love you as your are now?

• A very easy one. No, don't convert. The reason should be clear as day.

What Girls Said 2

• This is a tough question. It's really got to be a decision you're comfortable with though. You shouldn't feel pressured.

What is his reasoning for wanting you to convert?
    Is it for his family? For how he thinks it should "look" to people in his life? Or is he passionate about his faith and want to share it with you?

This is tough, were talking about a faith, religion, and lifestyle. It's not like he's simply asking you to go to church with him on Sundays lol this is quite a bigger commitment than that. A

re you ready for that, for the changes that you'll have to make, do you think it's fair, will you resent him for it in the future, do you actually even believe in this religion and what it's about/teaches, if you have children - will you be willing to raise them to believe and practice this religion & lifestyle?

There are so many questions to ask... these are questions you need to ask yourself and really be honest with yourself about the answers.

• I wouldn't do it.