Girls: Would you take your husbands last name when getting married?

Girls: Would you take your husbands last name?

• Yes
    86% (19)71% (5)83% (24)Vote
  • No
    14% (3)29% (2)17% (5)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
12|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. That's what I did.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• yes i would :)

my dad's family name will actually die out with my sister and i. sorry dad =/ <3

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I like my name just fine. We could hyphenate it at most comprise. However if he doesn't have a tolerable last name than not even a hyphen.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe combine mine and his to one but no, I wouldn't just take his last name. My last name defines where I come from. (:

1|0
    0|0
    • People who hyphenate names are so pretentious and it really gets me upset. If the tradition was the other way around I would change my last name. If you love him you will change your name. Or make you current last name you additional middle name.

• I'm not quite a traditional person. Not even my mum has taken my dad's last name although she's the most traditional person I know. You don't show your love to someone by changing your last name. There are plenty of other ways to do it. E. g. marriage.

• Yes. I would like to very much

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would. Traditional habit but I like it :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter to me at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • It'll be like putting my past behind me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it will make him happy.. Then sure :-)

0|0
    1|0
  • Of course I would! It's more family like and cute in a way

0|0
    1|0
  • yeah, i dont like my last name anyways ahhaah

0|0
    0|0
  • I did take his name.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• People who hyphenate names are so pretentious and it really gets me upset. If the tradition was the other way around I would change my last name. If you love him you will change your name. Or make you current last name you additional middle name. At my age if I marry again, and she will not change her name, I will not get married. esp if she changed her name the first time she got married. If a woman never did and always kept her maiden name, then I would at least understand more. If she at any point ever changed it, then she cannot say "oh my last name means something to me.."

1|0
    1|0
  • If gays are getting married, how do they decide on this issue? What about children's names?

what about bisexuals and transsexuals? Do they play rock and scissors to make these decisions?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that instead of hyphenating or her taking his name, they should smoosh the two names together.
    So Morris and Ward would become Wardis.
    And their kid might marry someone with the last name Sming (Smith and King)
    And become Smingdis.
    And names would just get weirder and weirder as time goes on.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think it is unnecccessary. even in iran women don't take their husbands' last names when they get married. i can't understand why women take their husbands's last name when they get married. women take their husbands' last names in my country turkey too but i am not planning to force my future wife to take my last name. if my children and grandsons take my last name, it is enough for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care either way.

0|0
    0|1