She called my bluff and needs a break.. what to do?

My girlfriend of 1year and half. Called my bluff. She went to visit her brother for spring break and for two days no call or text. I got upset with her and told her we might need to re-evaluate and take a break. She called me on it. Now I don't want a break but she persist on a break. What should I do? Before she left, she cannot stay away from me. Always pushing engagement. Now its like she don't care. Like an off and on switch. Is it over?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just give her some time. Everyone needs time to be with family, friends and sometimes, alone.

Also, this is a pretty good lesson for the future in not playing with fire. Telling someone you want a break when you don't is like lighting matches near a gas station. For the future, next time you are upset, take a 24 hour break, a long walk, go to a pet store, and then calmly and rationally tell her how you were upset. Don't go straight to the "we need a break! "

This world would be such a more beautiful place if everyone waited 24 hours before they acted.

What Girls Said 1

• She may have had that few days and realized that she needed to slow things down a bit. Don't be clingy and/or get upset if you two don't talk for a few days. Even married couples need alone time. Better now than later.

What Guys Said 2

• Give her a little time, and then contact her again. She may think it over, and change her mind about breaking up. Especially if you were talking about getting engaged.

• I would say it is over yes.