Would you date/marry someone who has a different nationality than yours?

The title says it all.....

Updates:
Take religion and culture into consideration

0|0
19|11

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as he speaks English , or my language, or I speak his language, then I see no problem :)

0|2
    0|0
    • So you wouldn't date a guy who needs a translator for his dates?

• Show All
    • 'Course, who wouldn't? Lol

• I just think you shouldn't dismiss him right away, just cause he needs a translator. Should watch 'Friends", to get my reference

What Girls Said 18

• Sure, sounds great.
    But not anyone of Islam - nooooo thank you. (too much of a risk)
    Only if I was 100% sure he wasn't an extremist and he wasn't going to make me into his house slave after the marriage - heard that happens.

1|1
    1|2
    • If u 'heard' that happens, it doesn't mean that's what Muslim men do, cuz trust me, it's not... and if a few guys did that don't start believing all of them do.

• Yes definitely :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, and I did. I married a Serbian guy. He speaks English really well, we're both non-religious, and we like learning about each other's cultural backgrounds.

0|0
    0|0
  • sure y not?

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not date or marry someone religious or whose culture promotes inequality between the genders or ethnic groups, but otherwise, based just on ethnicity/race/country to origin - yeah I wouldn't care. If I love the guy I love the guy...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nationality sure! It doesn't make a difference to me

Now religion and culture, there are def some deal-breakers there

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I don't discriminate, but I would have to take religion into consideration.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we don't already share a common citizenship, I probably wouldn't marry him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would. Nationality is not really an issue. But culture and religion is another story.

0|0
    0|0
  • Different Nationality - I don't care

Different Religions - I wouldn't even consider it

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, East Asian

0|0
    0|1
  • I could.. But I wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am American and my boyfriend is Dutch and lives in the Netherlands. He speaks English so thats better for me but I have been learning Dutch too. We don't really have a preference on religion and its going great

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I don't see the problem, I can see myself moving in the future anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes why not. I lived with a Polish Catholic guy I'm Canadian Protestant.

0|0
    0|0
  • As in long distance relationship? No. But if we were to live together, then I don't see why it matters where they were born.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not only about the place where they were born, it's also about their religion and culture which may be different than yours

• Yes, but Im talking countries close to mine cultural wise, and I only date atheists.

• I'd date/marry anyone who I was attracted to that loved me how I need him to love me.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• sure I would fosho fosho.. im getting that fosho.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would yes. That's a non issue to me

0|1
    0|1
  • No, I'm so close-minded that I want someone from the same city and gene pool...

www.thehomeplanet.org/.../Want-to-know.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm American, she's Syrian.

2|1
    0|0
  • My goal IS to marry someone outside of my nationality. The idea of creating super hot mixed babies is awesome.

1|1
    0|0
  • As long as we both speak a common language, most possibly English , then sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me and my gf share the same beliefs. Though we are of different nationalities. She is more open then me though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure if nationality should be as big a problem as culture and religion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn sure I would enrich my self by learning from another culture

0|0
    0|0
  • Nationality - No Problem
    Religion - Now that's where we hit the snag.

0|0
    0|0
  • May be.. Or may not.. :D

0|0
    0|0