Dating/marriage outside religion?

How relevant do you think this is in the current climate...for those of a religious background would you do it?
If so why, and if not why?

I personally am Agnostic coming from a hardcore religious family any clue what would be the best option?

Most Helpful Guy

• i'm an atheist but i tend to avoid religious girls basically... i'm scared of them tbh

What Guys Said 6

• Here's the thing. If you actually believe your religion, would you date or marry outside it?

If I actually am a Christian, and believe the Christian faith--if you don't repent of your sins and accept Christ's finished work on the cross as your salvation you'll spend eternity in hell--why would I date a girl who doesn't believe that? Why would I torture myself by becoming emotionally attached to a woman that I believe will spend eternity in torment?

Not to mention, the Bible tells us to not date unbelievers. Be not unequally yoked together. What fellowship hath light with darkness?

• I am agnostic. Many people are not. I am open to other people having different beliefs/views than I do.

• I am not at all religious. Like Mr. @StrateJoe I am open to other people having different beliefs/views than I do.

• I would not date a religious girl.

• i m raising my kids christian so this should cut 70 percent of my potentials

• in love, religion is not important.

it's my opinion.

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's important for people to share similar values. Sometimes that's true of people of differing religions, and sometimes it isn't.

One thing to consider is what your religion teaches about people of other religions. For example, if you're Christian and you believe that people who don't believe in Jesus/that he died for your sins, etc. can't go to heaven/will go to hell, that I think it would be really difficult to be with someone who you thought would go to hell. You'd either have to accept that that's the case (according to your beliefs), or you'd be trying to change their beliefs (which could very well cause problems in the relationship).

A big issue that couples from different religions face is, if they want children, what will they teach their children in terms of religion?

Personally, I'm an atheist and I prefer to date people who are also atheists because we have a more similar worldview; I wouldn't want my children to be raised religiously, etc.

• I was born and raised Catholic and am willing to date outside my religion because I don't care what you believe in as long as you don't try to persuade me otherwise. I am not a devout Catholic but I do believe in God, and I wouldn't try and force my beliefs on the person I'm dating, so I would appreciate the same respect.

I have dated Baptist, Agnostic, Atheist, Buddhist, Christian, Islam, and Mormon.

• I'm an orthodox christian and it's important to me to get married in a church, so that God can bless my marriage. This is possible only with another christian.

• Very relevant if you're a religious person. I wouldn't do it.

• Well personally Im agnostic from a very hardcore religious family. Unsure how it would work out