What makes a teenage relationship/love go into a good marriage in the future?

Don't say there are no relationships like that because there definitely are. Like couples who were together since 16 and are now 70? Or even now, you could be like 27. What makes couples like those last a long time all to marriage?

Most Helpful Girl

• My fiancĂ© and I have been together for 9 years, engaged for almost 2 years now, and we started dating in high school. I can tell you from experience it takes a lot of work. We've definitely had our ups and downs but we've stuck through it. What I generally find happens is that couples will get together during high school or college and start to grow apart, nothing bad happens, they just fall out of love.

What helps make that relationship strong are two things, 1.) Communication, relationships already heavily lie on openness but when two people are growing together and figuring out who they are, it's incredibly important to stay grounded and to make sure each of you are still on the same page. And 2.) Having the same background. My fiancé and I had very similar upbringings, parents have been together for years, lots of siblings, big family, and we were raised with the same values and morals. Those things don't usually change as you grow older, most people (even though they don't want to admit it) end up like their parents and I find that plays a huge role in keeping a relationship alive.

If you are in a relationship that is just fresh into high school and your banking on it lasting forever, it doesn't always happen that way. You should be completely realistic and if you've only been together for a couple months, please do not go and start planning your wedding. You are young and should be enjoying new experiences and growing together with your loved one. When you are older, then you can start thinking about a future together. But trust me when I say, true love can be found at a young age and it can last.

What Guys Said 1

• well that happening is like a 1 in 100,000 chance of happening because they actually found someone that gets them and cares for them and they aren't just dating for popularity.

What Girls Said 1

• If the person has good morals and values and can give the person the love and caring that they need.