Im 20 years of age and my boyfriend for 3 years and I are thinking about tying the knot any suggestions?

i want to marry him but im afriad its not going to happen because my parents are the main issue and I don't know what to do help please

Most Helpful Girl

• Life is about taking chances weather right or wrong rather good or bad weather ready or not i see a lot of people taking chances and growing from them or learning a lesson from them i say do what makes you happy i think u want to get married and have your own life with someone instead always having friends and family being able to confide in someone whose there no matter how your feeling is a good feeling your friends will come in go your family will half to love and adapt to any new changes or new decisions you make in your life you half to live for your own happiness only you can be the change for your life and future i think your ready to take the risk of being loved on and appreciated by one instead of living unappreciative by others your parents will remain by your side as long as your following the interest of yourself and whats best for you

What Guys Said 4

• Way too damn young and only been together for 3 damn years. These young marriages usually end in divorce,

That's the mistake young people make "oh we're young and in love, we have all the ingredients for a successful marriage" uh, no, you don't. Age is more of a factor than you think, there's a big difference between 20 and 27-30+.

Young married couples either end up growing apart, or lucky enough to grow together. I say AT LEAST wait 4-5 more years.

• If you two are happy and have a child together than want get married than do it
    don't let nothing or no one stand in your way

• you're still very young for mariage basically... aren't you?

• i am but despite that we have been together for 3 years and have a kid together so i really dont see the reason why not

• Help "what"? Why do people assume we're gods?

• what

• There's no one question here. For instance you have things of people telling you to wait, which is fine, bit that's not answering "how do we overcome the obstacles to getting married?" at all.

I guess I shouldn't have taken this seriously.

• its okay and your basically right about the obstacles

What Girls Said 4

• my suggestion is to wait until your older, at least a few years.

• but why wait. we have just about everything that makes us happy

• okay thanks

• you're welcome.

• Do you value him and the life you want, or your parents opinions more?

• i really dont care about anyones opinion. everything we try o do thats positive is not only for us its mostly for our 2 year old daughter

• Is she why you don't wanna to get married? Because uou need to tell her to deal. Its your life.

• she is just always in my way when I want to do something. I can't talk to her without her being so totally completely over dramatic and sensitive.

• Do your parents not like him? Sit them down and explain that if they love you and want you to be happy then this guy is it. He's what makes you happy.

• they dont know him. he came over to my house last year and they were home from work. my dad took the time out to get to know him. its my mom that didn't

• So you plan to marry the person that your parents pick out for you, when they say it's okay? Who is getting married here... you, or them?

• i want to get married.

• If you think he is the right one for you, just do it! Don't worry what everyone else thinks or says. In the end, it's you and him against the world anyway. ;)

• your right