What do you think about polygamy marriage are you for or against it?

Some religions allow it like Islam or Seven Day Adventists for example.
Polyandry is where a woman has more than one husband it used to be practiced in like Rome, China and Nepal, but its not done anymore in some parts of the country its a very rare practice for a woman to have more than one husband.

• Yes as long as his other wives's are okay with it and he can provide for all of them
  • no its cheating even if his other wive's are okay with it
  • Well if we are going to allow it then a woman should be able to have more than one husband too equal rights
I wonder what @Mesonfielde will think lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's cheating, I could never handle it. It usually seems so unhappy and unfair.

But to each their own.

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted C). There is absolutely no reason why it should be an exclusively male privilege. After which it would be A), as everyone would have to be okay with "sharing".

Of course, it is currently not allowed because it is an essential part of the christian values that people have only a one-one relation, but I think a lot of bureaucratic stuff and digital systems are coded with the one-one relation in mind, rather than the many-many relation. So allowing polygamy would break a bunch of apps, haha.

• Makes sense lol my uncle in law's dad had two wives and they were both okay with it of course this was in a Islamic country. I know how much you love the Muslims lol.

• ""And if two men be not found then a man and two women.""

• Seems like you misread that verse and no chapter reference?

What Girls Said 12

• I'm not a huge fan of it since it's almost always used as a way to control women in really scary ways. Either the women are dependent on the man for economic support or they're told that they can't achieve spiritual salvation unless they're married. How scary is that? God doesn't love you enough to let you into paradise unless you're married.

If a society ever does opt for polygamous marriages, I think it should be equal so that one woman can marry multiple men and one man can be able to marry multiple women.

• I'm against it. What's the point of a marriage if you're sleeping with multiple people?
    The whole point of marriage is promising yourself to just one person, both emotionally and physically, in a sacred bond, because you live them so much.
    And just to point out, seventh day Adventists are not pro polygamy, I think you must be confusing it with something else.

• Personally, one boyfriend is enough for me haha. I mean I get why some people are polyamorous or polygmous, but it just is not for me. I do think it should be legally allowed though, I mean how is one guy marring multiple women going to hurt me personally? Not at all. Therefore, I do not think it should be illegal as it is in the united states.

• I'm fine with religious polygamy. That's just basic religious freedom, none of my business. However, I don't think legal polygamy would work out. The current system for legal marriages is designed specifically for monogamous ones, so without figuring out a way to fix the various loopholes that would arise I don't think polygamy should be legally recognized.

• I think people should be able to choose that for themselves if that's what will make them happy. I personally could never ever have a relationship like that. It's just not my thing at all.

• more power to you

• I don't want that but I don't care if some other people do this.

But if the guy has like 5 wifes and has like 5 children with each, is he able to give enough attention to each?

• In islam he can only have up to 4, but he has to be able to provide for them.

• Still. 4 wives and lots of kids. And if this gets legalized here, I brlieve the wives would be working too. But it's now more about the problem if he is able to spend time with all the kids & wives and go to work

• That's true

• If all parties agree, then I don't see any moral issues.

• not against it as long as all of those involved are consenting to it.

• That's not for me but if some other woman wants to do that, who am I to judge?

• A personal choice that shouldn't matter to anyone else.

• Do you think its unfair though that most religions and cultures don't allow a woman to have more than one husband but a man can have more than one wife?

• Tbh. I don't personally believe in monogamy or marriage so don't really care.

• I personally and religiously do not agree with the practice, but I believe in both personal and religious freedom, so if they choose to be polygamists... so be it. Their lives, not mine.

What Guys Said 7

• Marriage exists to ensure the best possible conditions for the offspring by enforcing rules of behaviour and roles on both men and women. To this end the most optimal form of procreation is one man with one woman. If there are a bunch of women, a single man will be unable to provide sufficient resources and security for them and their children. If there are many men and a single woman, it will be a waste of potential since a woman can be pregnant only once for a long period of time and by only one man. The others will have nothing to do and conflict will arise. In fact according to a friend of mine who's interested in evolutionary biology once stated that the best size for a community is 50-60 people. Half men, half women. Rules of behaviour get adopted automatically in small groups without need for anyone to enforce them. I really don't see much reason to have many partners. We can barely make it with just one.

• If there's a right to gay marriage, (chuckle, as if James Madison wouldn't have been horrified at the very thought) there is also a right to polygamy, polyandry, group marriage, and anything else you can name.

If you're consistent, you have support all of those and anything else anyone can think up.

• It's not for me at all. I want one woman, and I want her to want me. This is what I want.

That said, I don't care if other families were legally polygamous. It doesn't hurt my life, and I don't see how it's bad for society either.

• If everyone involved is cool with it, play ball.

• "Polygamy" simply means three or more people are involved. They can all be women, they can all be men, or any mix. "Polygyny" is the version that has one man and multiple women. "Polyandry" is the version with one woman and multiple men (and is traditional in certain parts of India and nearby countries).

There is no good reason to deny that we must keep evolving until an adult, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, monogamy or polyamory, race, or religion is free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage (and any of those without the others) with any and all consenting adults. Polyamory, polygamy, open relationships are not for everyone, but they are for some. The limited same-gender freedom to marry is a great and historic step, but is NOT full marriage equality, because equality "just for some" is not equality. Let's stand up for EVERY ADULT'S right to marry the person (s) they love. Get on the right side of history!

• If they are all adults and they are all cool with it then sure why not. Voted C

• It should be legal.

But, it's not for me.