GIRLS: If a guy proposes after a month and you're not ready, what would you do?

And if this happens against the girl's wish to go slow in the relationship, is this a red flag?

Most Helpful Girl

• After a month? I would break up. That clearly shows he is mad and moving too fast

• Wouldn't this also indicate needy and insecure behavior? by the way no it's not me who's gonna propose that fast lol.

• Man, why is there so many guys who are like this? I have a couple good female friends and they just keep getting losers who worship their grounds.

• And then these guys get rejected and come here to complain how they are nice guys and girls aren't interested.

No, girls don't want a guy who agrees with everything and acts like a doormat. We want to date an intelligent human being who has opinions and his own will. And you can still be polite and nice. These two don't shut each others out

What Girls Said 8

• I wouldn't think it would be a red flag if he had asked me to marry him within a month. I would decline it, and tell him we have all the world to be together. Why are we rushing for?

• I'd tell him i am flattered, but we need to enjoy getting to know each other more. If he went against my wishes and wouldn't go slow, then i would perecive him as controlling.

• I'd tell him it's too soon. If he got pushy and said no it's not, big red flag!

• Yeah, its a case of a guy who said it's gonna be forever after just weeks and the girl doesn't want to get serious.

• She needs to walk away immediately! He sounds like a possessive, obsessed, crazy person. Also stalker potential.

• I'm in touch with my friend and will do my best to support her. Thanks!

• I would say "no i'm not ready"? lol And it would be a bit of a red flag, I wouldn't take someone who got that attached so quickly, very seriously.

• 1 month of dating?

I would think he's drunk.

• Slow down! Enjoy your time dating first. Grow together first. You have to lay a foundation before you can build a house.

• Agreed! It's about one of my friends, not me tho lol.

• Yeah he needs to slow down. She might be put off and leave. Then he would be devastated.

• I can see that happening, unfortunately. But it's his problem.

• It's way too soon

• "I'm sorry, but I'm not ready."

What Guys Said 2

• I know you said girls, but Imma gonna answer anyway

You're gonna propose after 1 month of dating?

You should propose like 2 years after dating. This is why the divorce rate is like 50% (in the US anyways) People keep rushing into everything

• Thanks but as I said in the other comments, it's not me who's doing this.

• Dude, after dating only a month, I barely know the girl's name. Slow down on the marriage talk, you're scaring people.

• LOL, I understand but let me make it clear, it's not me who's pushing a girl. It's someone else I know who got caught in this case and just thought to ask here what others would say.