Wasn't invited to a wedding because "I don't have Facebook"?

I wasn't invited to a friend from high school's wedding because "it's hard to keep track of everyone without Facebook." Understandable in this day & age, but try using that excuse 15 years ago...

Do you think this was a sad excuse to not think to invite me? I understand college separates people. I'm not mad at all but still...

Most Helpful Guy

• that line is the most disturbing "keep track". like you said 15 years ago people that wanted to keep in touch DID. how? it was either a friend of a friend got ahold of you or they had your phone number. FB has made people Lazy, Nosey, and frankly too Zombified to really think rationally, to see they give up their privacy for a false sense of connectiveness.

What Guys Said 8

• Idiotic excuse. Still it's their wedding, maybe they had a strict limit on how many people they could have, live and let live.

I know when one of my best friends got married he had a limit on how many friends cause big family. He texted me the invite since he tried to send a card but it never showed and I don't use Facebook. He knows IDC about cards though so he just texted me. When I got there it was literally the people I would ball with daily and one friend from outside that group. Others were left off cause of the limitations, weddings are expensive and more people is more costs.

• well it really is hard to keep track of everyone and most people are on fb so you are the one who was at fault

• That's a lame excuse.
    They probably KNOW you don't have Facebook. How hard is for them to mail an invitation IF they really wanted you there?

• Is this someone you actually are still friends with, who simply used Facebook to basically organize their wedding, or someone who you lost touch with because you're not on facebook?

• That sounds like a wack excuse.

• I don't have Facebook, and let me tell you...

I've lost a lot of "friends."

• Skip it , just bitches

• if she couldn't get a hold of you then thats not really her problem. there is more important things to worry about when getting ready for a wedding.

What Girls Said 5

• It sounds to me like, KBob93, tha tnow that you are not part of the Facebook crowd pleasers, thee is this "Click" that is goin gon now and this is Why-----Wasn't invited to a wedding...
    I find this excuse "It's hard to keep trasck of everyone without Facebook." If you were even agood friend to start with, she would not have lost 'Track' of you at all.
    Good luck,. xx

• so you mean to tell me if I don't have Facebook I'm not going to get invited to things? that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

• Yes it is. If they really wanted you there, they would have sent you a invitation

• I am sure that the couple could have gone to a little effort to find you. I am sorry that they didn't. :(

• Sucky excuse.

I'm sure she could have found another way to contact you.