For arranged marriages, or against?

Pro arranged or not.

• For arranged marriages.
  • Against arranged marriages.

Most Helpful Girl

• Far be it from me to say that arranged marriages are "wrong" or "bad," but I would certainly never consent to one myself. I think it goes dangerously close to treating a woman as property.

But I have a few friends whose parents grew up in India and had their marriage arranged. And sometimes it works out great. In all of the cases with my friends, their parents didn't really know each other when they got married, but they grew to love each other just as much as most people who marry for love. The divorce rate is a lot lower among arranged marriages, possibly because it seems like couples whose marriages were arranged are a lot more willing to work out problems rather than just calling it quits. So while it seems to "work," I have my misgivings, and can't really say that I'm for or against it.

What Guys Said 2

• Definitely not! An archaic ritual!

• It happened to my parents, and its like HELL.

What Girls Said 3

• I am against it. I think married is best just when you love the person. I am not married or anything just that's how I feel

• completely against!! you should be able to choose who you spend your time with...

• I am against arranged marriages because its just wrong. everyone should decide on their own who to marry and who to love. a marriage is just too personal that anyone else but you could decide who to marry !