Would you ever go to a wedding alone?

The girl I wanted to go with won't go and I don't wanna go alone so I'll probably just skip the whole thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, I've been to weddings without a date before.

I'd make the decision based on a) how well I know the bride and groom, and b) the likelihood of me knowing other people there.

For example, if the bride and groom are people who I am very close to, I will go regardless of if I'll know anyone else.

If I'm not close to the bride and groom, but will know other people there, I'll probably go.

If I'm not close to the bride and groom, and also don't think I'll know anyone there, then I probably wouldn't go.

That said, if you've already RSVP'd, you should go (and try to find someone else to bring if you RSVP'd with a +1), since the bride and groom will be stuck paying for your meal (s). It's pretty rude to say you're coming, for them to pay for a meal for you, and then for you to not show up.

What Girls Said 9

• Since when is this a thing? If you're invited to a wedding, why do you need a date? Isn't that sort of old-fashioned? So many people go to outings as a single, so who cares. Besides, the people who invited you is about them and their day - not about you, and whether you could or couldn't get a date to go and celebrate their day with them.

• I am a serial dater.
    Tbh, I have many times purely so I wouldn't be road blocked by a date, once there.

• Of course I would. I don;t even know anyone who brings dates to weddings this isn't a couples event its for everyone to share the union of another couple. I would not skip a wedding because I didn't have someone to bring this is not prom it's a wedding and you should be there to support the couple.

• yes, why not? Go!

• Yes, I've done it.

• yes, if it is the wedding of someone I love, then i wouldn't care. Actually, my best friend is getting married in a month and i don't even have a date haha (i will ask one of my good friends) but even if i didn't find anyone, you bet i would be there, to eat all the damn food :D

• Don't miss the wedding! Go and have fun and meet new girls!

• Nah I don't have that ability

• More like ugly

• Everyone's beautiful! In their own way, you probably have an amazing personality!

• Yes, only if I know other people there.

• If you're not that close to the bride and groom + you're not comfortable with going alone then just skip it :P I actually don't really know what are the standards, can you just bring one of your friends? (guy or girl?)

• Don't have any

• What about at the wedding? Did they invite someone you know like a mutual friend?

What Guys Said 7

• neither alone nor with compaby basically... i'm allergic to weddings

• Yeah I'd do it. Besides it's not about me but seeing my friends getting married.
    Who cares, it's fun! Do you know how many single girls will be there lol

• Yes. In fact, I have before.

• Yes I would and have.

• No I wouldn't unless it's family.

• There is nothing wrong with going alone, take this as an opportunity to meet new people. You might make new friends or find a nice girl :)

• Yes, if you've been invited by a good friend or a nice person, go for it. Support them.

Then again, marriage is for idiots.