Girls, is it bullshit for someone to receive more than 50% of ex spouse's income in alimony?

Is it bullshit for someone to receive more than 50% of ex spouse's income in alimony. I read about a woman receiving 60% of her husband's money in alimony. I think it is total bullshit and it isn't right

• Yes it is bullshit
    90% (9)
  • No it isn't
    10% (1)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

5

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds crazy but what's the details? How many kids?

Right now my sister's friend has a kid with some millionaire twice her age and it isn't working out. She doesn't know how to go about it cause he covered his expensive butt cause he has many women with his children. But she shouldn't recieve nothing but she should get too much either but at least child support (but how much? Or should they settle on a lump sum? Or a home for the mother and child?) we are in Canada we aren't notorious to the U. S. law stereotype of going to court for all his money.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think it's right and it should be determined on the person's income. If she's unemployed, she shouldn't receive any money but usually, there's children involved and the courts require men to give money to support the children. I heard a man won the lottery and for some reason, he had to share a huge chunk of it with his ex wife! I think that's totally wrong. If you have any ounce of respect and decency, you wouldn't expect your ex husband to give you loads of their money but many women do it out of spite due to a sour divorce. It's like me requesting money from my ex's, it's silly. I actually give all their stuff back, even their gifts to me.

• I can't really comment without knowing the details.

• why isn't it right?

• Because if it is more than 50%, then the divorced person is getting more of the earner's money than the actual earner and that doesn't make sense

• What are the details of the judgment, besides the monetary amount? I think that is what I was asking.

• Over 50%? Total bullshit