Guys, hand in marriage?

Do you guys believe in the whole asking her father for her hand in marriage?

• Yes
    42% (5)
  • No
    58% (7)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

7

Most Helpful Guy

• I would ask her dad to be polite but if he said no I still ask her. It's not his decision to make

• That's true. At the end of the day it's her life and you are the one she wants to be with forever.

What Guys Said 6

• I think the "asking her father for hand" thing is kinda... outdated and kinda makes me feel like as if a daughter is her father's property or something.

Which... is... weird...

Anyway , well if she's into it I guess that'll be okay but if she ain't.. HEEEEEEEYYYYY self-ownership!

• I'd just do whatever the girl suggests... when I get a girlfriend, I'm gonna try to be on good terms with the father anyway.

• I voted No, but it is a wise thing. In my case, it was sort of moot and not really appropriate.

• I think that either A) Men should stop doing this, or B) Men should start asking for her mother's opinion too, and that women should start proposing and asking for the approval of HIS parents too.

• It's older tradition but i like the idea of asking a father to marry his daughter

• No, I hate that tradition and am glad it's dying out. Can't think of much else less romantic than giving parents authority in your love affair. I much prefer a Romeo And Juliet aesthetic, if anything.