I don't understand open marriage. What they do have sex other people, if so why they stay together?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people recognise that for them, monogamy isn't right.. As long as two people in a marriage are okay with that situation then I don't see an issue with it. A marriage or a relationship is a personal thing and only the couple involved can set the parameters of it. For couples in open marriages, it may be that they are very in love with one another but do not see it as necessary to restrict each other's sexual desires for others. It's part of the love they have for one another and it may be understood that each will go off and have encounters if they wish, but will come back to each other at the end of the day. Marriage means different things to different people :)

• I agree with you and when both parties on the same page definitely i understand. I'm not judging anybody, I'm from other country and just trying to understand cuz this is strange to me

• Thanks @rocccky :)

• @Asker No worries!

What Girls Said 3

• "Why do they stay together"

The emotional bond

• I think, people who have that sort of relationship have no normal minds.

• Kids, shared finances and resources, companionship.

It's not for me. Though sometimes I think I'd love to be married to a gay guy and we could both take lovers. I had a very close friendship with a gay guy when I was younger (he was an engineer and jock - so not "girly" stuff) and I swear I've never got along with someone so easily before!!

What Guys Said 5

• Different things work for different people. It's better than people who sneak behind your back and cheat, at least that way they both know what the deal is. I've got nothing against it, also I'm not sure what country your from, but in some countries they have polygamous marriages.

• Of course every country has no doubt about it. But some culture more open about it.

• maybe they stay in order 2 share the rent?

• Nah, i think is more than that.

• An open marriage is just a name for a relationship that is completely twisted and fucked up.

• It is not that simple.
    People can be very happy together in everything, sex excepted. And talking about it doesn't always help. Talking doesn't fix lack of orgasm or ED. Another person might.

• Because people are messed up...