Why girls marry to average guys?

Recently saw my ex she was married to a guy who was so shy and average in HS and doubt if he ever had a girlfriend. He just have a good job but he still average guy. I wonder how she fond him attractive and marry him. He had no history in fights and parties during school years all he was good at was books. Why a girl would marry an average guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• ALHA FUCKS/BETA BUCKS.

When a woman is young, and beautiful she has fun and fucks the guys who are alpha (popular, attractive, rich and/or). However, these guys won't commit to her or would only offer her short term relationships/SEX.

As women progressive from her 20's to their 30's they start thinking more about stability, and money over looks/excitement. They start becoming more serious about committed relationships. They also begin to lower their standards for physical attraction.

It is at this time that women start looking at guys who in her early 20's she would have scoffed at, ignore or never considered as romantic relationship. These guys are chose because they provide stability, and have money and will most likely commit to her for long term relationships. Combine this with the fact that women's biological clock are ticking and telling them to have a baby now @ this time before they increase their risk of having an autistic child, and them noticing that they can't compete with younger women for alpha males attention, and the average guy essential boils down to a retirement plan for most women from the dating market at 30+.

The guy she was fucking around with in her 20's who are either off the market because they got married/LTR, only want her for sex. This is why women say "there are no good men left" @ 30+.

It is @ around 30's that guys begin noticing a strange behavior in women who would otherwise have not been nice/overlooked, and or looked at them as asexual entities suddenly ARE sexual and flirty with them.

What Girls Said 11

• There's a reason they're called AVERAGE guys...

Very few men are actually hideous. Very few are actually gorgeous. The VAST majority are average.

Same goes with women. Average people get with average people.

• She was popular girl I think she just marry him because he has a good job. To me he is not man enough.

• Good thing you're not married to him then.

• Maybe because being popular in highschool isn't everything. I honestly don't care about what people in my class think of me, I can't be bothered. All I care about is being where I want to be in 10 years.

• Obviously to her he isn't average.
    People change. And a persons High school image is only a small part of someones life. Often it doesn't say anything about him/her. It's a shallow component, a shadow of what people really are like.
    What makes you even think that all that he's good at are books? People are full of stories and experiences. You have to get to know them to get to the deep stuff. Maybe it's more to hin than what you see. And maybe your ex sees that in him.

• Girls marry guys who treat them well, care about how they feel, protect them, make them laugh and turn them on. Average guys are pretty good at those things when they find the right girl.

• But I heard treating girls well its not manly. I get more laid when fooling around and have no respect than when I'm committed.

• I think the opposite is true. If he doesn't respect people and treat them with consideration, he is a guy who hasn't grown up yet. A real man offers everyone respect and treats his girl right until he is given a reason to do otherwise.

• The guy may be average to you, but he's probably smoking hot to her.

Attraction is subjective, bruuh

• Not by look but behaviors he was an average guy he just went to a good university and has a good job nothing more.

• ... what else do you need? LOL that sounds perfect to me.

• sounds like prostitution to me

• Why not? So u have been thinking that girls marrying guys just bcoz of their looks? When i was younger, looks were important to me in a guy. For now, i wouldn't say it doesn't matter at all but it won't be something i care that much. There're more things to attract me in a guys such as his personality, the way he cares for me, how he treats me, etc.

• Not about look he was no bad looking guy bu he was shy and not popular as me.

• high school popularity is so superficial compared to adult life.

• Wow u sound like high school boys, i think u need to grow up. Being shy and unpopular doesn't make u unattractive and undesirable.

• because most women prefer to marry a mature dependable MAN to an immature boy. crazy, riiight? ;)

• But they aren't boring.

• Boyz.

• not in the least. a guy who wants to party and act like a fool all the damn time is both boring and annoying.

• He may be average to YOU but to HER he could be above and beyond average.

• Because average guys want to marry to girls

• They are losers they can't have girls outside of marriage I bet he will never cheat on her.

• Yeah i think so

• lagaco. you are absolutely right!

• Average? You mad bro? You're thinking in the past she's all about the future.
    He's good to her... and is holding down the fort. He probably hits it good too. Your D game is what's average!
    Move on. Grow up. Are you seriously still worried about High school and your ex. Stay graduated.

• I hope this is a troll.

What Guys Said 14

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9LqLdjLMK0 People of all levels of attractiveness get MARRIED/have KIDS ^_^. Lames, cool kids, crooks, shy guys etc it goes on and on. All you need to be is at the right place, at the right time and it can be you/me also. All from a chance encounter LOL

• To her I bet he's more of an individual that she likes than this average person you're describing.

• Fewer and fewer men these days want to get married.

And fewer and fewer men these days are confident.

In other words, beggars can't be choosers.

• Probably got a dick the size of a baby's arm...

Women aren't as shallow as us man, she sees him as long term partner worthy. Don't hate, just let it go.

• That's a good question, why in the world would anyone marry a stable and dependable person with a good track record? That's dumb.

• He maybe average in your view. But maybe she finds him attractive in her eyes.

So your saying to be "cool" is to party and get in fights? I partied in those days and still do but I don't claim to be a lady's man.

As for fights, Is it worth the risk of getting arrested?

• Fights during HS was sign of manliness.

• Lmao! Are you kidding? It's a sign of dumbassness. A good way to get suspended and lose out on thing if you did sports or anything. Your 27 and haven't moved past high school yet? Sad.

• Its funny yes stacked in HS, all popular guys are there! while average guys have wives and families!

• Why the crap does fighting and partying make you a desirable man? Maybe he just got something to him like reliable earner and things.

• Because she wants the money

• He is a keeper, that is why. I Think my input is the right answer for your queries.

• Keepers are not man enough.

• I think they can't have a sex with a lot of women so rather to keep just one woman.

• Correction:
      Do you have any constructive subject to present/ support for the notion quoted above?
      and explain to me why keepers are not man enough?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Well you are out of the subject.

• See female hypergamy, pretty much legal politically correct prostitution

• Where will average people go then?

• really! ? highschool popularity and how much you party and do crazy things are your criteria for a good man? the question is not why she married him, but why she ever bothered with an immature brainless boy like you...

• Fighting and partying makes a guy more attractive? He's'average' but she chose him over you. That says something. Time to take notes

• Couldn't get a player to settle for her.