How many people plan on waiting until marriage?

I was reading some statistics and it said 1/30 people keep their virginity until marriage. Call me old fashioned but I want to wait until marriage and I would want my partner to wait also even though it wouldn't be required of course. What do you think about it all?

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't wait. It seems like an unwise decision to me.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know... Would you buy a car without test driving it first? I wouldn't.
    I would at least wait until I know for sure that he is the one and then have sex when we are both ready and willing to.

• Totally waiting till marriage. I want to be able to have only my husband share that intimacy with me.

• Nothing says trust and love like bureaucratic pacts and $2000 price rings
      Anything else, such as evaluation of human behavior, attachment, emotions? Nah

• I'm not sure what you're getting at...

• how boring.

• already too late, I don't judge people who do though! everyone can do as they please :) it's rare to find people who wait until marriage nowadays.. but I admire their self control

• I would rather wait until I am 100% ready, married or not.

• I don't understand why honestly. If you want to wait, fine, I don't care. I just think it's absolutely ridiculous.

What Guys Said 5

• Marriage is a complete waste of time. If you and your partner were gleefully signing pacts in a government book, I think you honestly like each other enough to be gladly jumping each others' bones. I don't see why signing the paper is necessary, nor purchasing 2000$ rings. Is that truly the only way people feel valued?

• Your statistics are close enough. About 3% of the population marry as virgins. That's about the number that are sexually dysfunctional, or asexual.
    1% of marriages in the USA are never even consummated. Do you think the non-virgins are causing that?

• I don't plan to.

• tbh there is something very romantic and sensual loosing your virginity to your wife.

• There aren't enough people like you and me anymore.