How many people plan on waiting until marriage?

I was reading some statistics and it said 1/30 people keep their virginity until marriage. Call me old fashioned but I want to wait until marriage and I would want my partner to wait also even though it wouldn't be required of course. What do you think about it all?

0|0
7|5

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't wait. It seems like an unwise decision to me.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know... Would you buy a car without test driving it first? I wouldn't.
    I would at least wait until I know for sure that he is the one and then have sex when we are both ready and willing to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally waiting till marriage. I want to be able to have only my husband share that intimacy with me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Nothing says trust and love like bureaucratic pacts and $2000 price rings
      Anything else, such as evaluation of human behavior, attachment, emotions? Nah

• I'm not sure what you're getting at...

• how boring.

0|1
    0|0
  • already too late, I don't judge people who do though! everyone can do as they please :) it's rare to find people who wait until marriage nowadays.. but I admire their self control

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather wait until I am 100% ready, married or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand why honestly. If you want to wait, fine, I don't care. I just think it's absolutely ridiculous.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Marriage is a complete waste of time. If you and your partner were gleefully signing pacts in a government book, I think you honestly like each other enough to be gladly jumping each others' bones. I don't see why signing the paper is necessary, nor purchasing 2000$ rings. Is that truly the only way people feel valued?

0|1
    0|0
  • Your statistics are close enough. About 3% of the population marry as virgins. That's about the number that are sexually dysfunctional, or asexual.
    1% of marriages in the USA are never even consummated. Do you think the non-virgins are causing that?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't plan to.

0|0
    0|0
  • tbh there is something very romantic and sensual loosing your virginity to your wife.

0|0
    0|0
  • There aren't enough people like you and me anymore.

0|0
    0|0