He said " I'll marry you someday " Do he really mean it or is it too soon?

My bf and I have been friends since middle school and through out high school. We made it official right after my graduation. It's been almost 2 years into our relationship and I've recently gave birth to our baby girl. My bf is an absolutely amazing father to our daughter and It's not that long ago where he actually said to me " I'll marry you someday"
My question is what are your thoughts?
Do you think he really mean it?

Most Helpful Guy

• He just want to be more stable you know? I have a friend that has a very similar situation and the one thing that's keeping him from marrying her is that he feels he's not in a good place right now, specially with job and money wise. They have been in a relationship for 7 years now. Just be patient with him because it will happen sooner than later; you both have a baby girl ya know?

• True. I've never thought it that way.

What Guys Said 7

• My thought is, "Why not now?" You have a child together. If he thinks you are good enough to have his child and you are good enough to marry eventually, what is the problem holding him back now?

• I wish many dudes out here think like you. Just because I carry his child doesn't necessary means that he'll marry me because nowadays, all I see is just baby mommas and baby daddys out here. Hardly anyone gets married these days. So when he said that to me, I was a bit surprised tbh.

• u had kids be4 marrying? not a good sign basically... hm...

• I think that he's gonna surprise you someday with a ring, get ready. ;)

• hahaha, it's quite nerve wrecking to think when , how and where. But thanks!!

• Your sweet :-) thank you so much

• Ah, thanks and you're welcome :)

• I honestly think he meant it. I'm not sure why he hasn't already, but if he does, it'll probably be soon.

• Girls always ask the dumbest questions because they think men are as full of shit as they are. Yes he means what he says. Men mean what they say. We dont play stupid games. we're not like you.

• Awww, that's so... lame

• If I knocked my gf up I'd feel obligated to marry her

• Awe, there's not many guys out there that are like that. That's why there's always " baby momma " . But im glad that your the type to man up and take full responsibility and at least marry her.

• I might be old fashioned or something but I believe if I get my gf pregnant it's my responsibility to provide a comfortable life for her and our child. I don't know why most guys don't feel the same way

• Well said !

What Girls Said 2