Question about 53 year old man dating 16 year old girl?

if a 53 year old christian man dated a 16 year old christian girl, and they were madly inlove with eachother, and they both wanted to wait till marriage to have sex, and they decided to get married within a year, can they do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• They could date with no sexual contact it would be kind of different
    but age 16 she is age of consent as long as they wait to she gets older
    to have sex than i would say it would be alright. I know a guy was age 39
    he married a girl who was age 16, how they did it her mother or older
    relative had to sign her over to him, for him to be her legal guardian and
    when they got married he was her guardian he was legally able to sign
    for her to marry him and after they got married they were allowed legally
    to be sexually active.

What Guys Said 39

• im not even gonna say its okay, its so out of the norm regardless of legality.

• The guy probably used "the love and power of Jesus" to persuade this young girl that there's nothing wrong with this relationship and they are destined to be with one another in the "glory of God". She bit.

That's considered "child marriage" and she needs parental consent. Hopefully the parents are as stupid as they are.

• He’s got no business being romantically involved with a girl that young. I have to wonder why he can’t associate with women that are closer to his age that he should have something in common with. where the hell are her parents. This is a rape because it’s a much older guy taking advantage of a girl that really doesn’t know any better.

• Ewww that's sick even if you were 20 and he was 53.

• They're both dumb or she's a gold digger.

• I have some concerns about how well that will work out. But of they're both wanting to well wish them the best. There are a lot if people in relationships that you gotta question.

The biggest issue is in 15 years or whatever. And she will be a young widow...

But hell most people are

• Sorry not most. Many people are divorced within 20 years. If they're happy for a few decades... That's pretty good.

• Well in some states, the age of consent is 16. But i think in most of the states in the US, the age of consent is 18. If I'm not mistaken, you have to be 18 years old to get married in every state? Not entirely sure.

I think if they moved to state where 16 was the age of consent, it would be legal for them to date, but it would be illegal for them to get married until she turned 18 years old (so 2 years, not 1).

But i this was happening in some third-world country, like... I don't know, Iraq? Then anything in that aspect is legal.

• I thought in some state u could be 13 ... who would want to get married that young tho

• If they move to the right state in the US and, most likely, they'd still have to get her parents to approve.'

en.wikipedia.org/.../Ages_of_consent_in_North_America

• Why the down vote? All I am doing is providing links to the relevant laws about sex. I should have also included those about marriage. I am not at all advocating such a marriage though.

• gosh he could b her grandpa age-wise if u calculate it... but... ok, if 16 is legal in yer state... np with me

• Well check this out. Most here see the age difference as disgusting and unacceptable and that's their opinion while chances are those that find the age difference disgusting and unacceptable approve of homosexuality. So now here is where things get interesting. Want to see where we are in prophecy?

Romans 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.

The above scripture is referring to the last generation before Christ returns and we are living in that generation now you have the proof of it.

• Christians? Ewwww...

• Wow that is so gross... I am jot sure if there are any legalities, but that is certainly fucking gross.

• I mean, they can... but gross.

• legally? i suppose.

realistically, sounds like a horrible idea. when she's starting to hit middle age, 28, he'll be a senior citizen at 65. she could easily be a widow in a bad dating position at 38.

realistically, she'll divorce him by age 23 and have to explain why she married an oldgeezer.

• I agree with you! And she will probably end up as a young widow. But a bit confused as to why being 38 and dating is considered to be 'in a bad position'. Is 38 really that old?

• @MargaritaPeach

Simple. Let's say you have a man and a woman, who are achievers and keep themselves at their best.

The man will do best dating around 30--he'll be confident, have had years to learn charisma, he'll finally have a decent job, be driving a nice car, have some money. A 30 year old man who's doing well can date a 24 year old woman, easy, or younger. A 40 year old man who's doing well can easily date a 30 year old... men prefer dating younger, and if they take care of themselves, they can.

A woman's prime is in her 20's, when she's the hottest and most attractive she'll ever be, while all her male peers still have little game and no cash. She can marry a wide range of men, and is a prize.

A woman at 38 is in trouble because she'll have to date much older than her or date lower class men. A 38 year old man who's a catch will be dating a 30 year old woman, not a 38 year old.

Not to mention, by then, most men will be married or confirmed bachelors.

• Oh--thanks for the explanation. Guess that makes sense. It works to my advantage that I like older men, though. My man is 50, so to him, a 38 year old is fine. He's not looking for a girl in her 20's... they just don't have enough in common.

• In Belgium, both age and age difference are taken into account, but a 53 year old with a 16 year old girl would be as prohibited as could be. They'd throw him straight into jail!

• Technically no, if all of that happens after she turns 18.

But...

It's just... wrong. He's old enough to be her father, hell, maybe even grandfather.

So.. it's just... wrong

• Depends on the country and state. But in general no, the state will not allow the marriage and if the do a "private ceremony" the state will not recognize it and he will go to prison.

• I dont recommend this

• Not in their right minds they can't.

• Noooope. That's not gonna do; that's a hell of an age gap... I don't care about age doesn't crap.. there must be something wrong with her to fall in love with basically his father or someone older.

• They can do whatever they want, still weird though.

• That guys a pedo no if's and's or but's

• Not sure why you have to mention their religion but sure they can do what they want. In some countries you'd have to be 18 at least though before you can get married.

• the girl could change her husbands dippers (old people dippers) and the kids ones as well

• in Canada yes. in the states, i think you have to be 17 to 18 in most states. this looks fishy though. how can they relate to each other. sugar daddy for youth relationship is what comes to mind. she's not paying for her shit and thats a major reason and her youthful beaty is the major reason for him.

• Something would be very odd and different about both of them... I'd say the young girl has bigger problems vs the old man to actually desire a man aged 53.. she's in for a bumpy ride in life and the old man is dying with a smile on his face

• I can't believe you ask this.

• There would no violations of any Judeo-Christian ethics, if that's what you're asking.

• Just wrong on every level. This post can't be real!!

• Why was it important to state that they are Christain? This is troll stuff here.

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 25

• Can they? Yes.
    What does their religion have to do with it? Irrelevant
    Should they? Not in a million years

• I don't know the legal stance in your jurisdiction so I don' know if it's legally possible or not. I do think that at 16 there is a huge amount of time for a girl to change and that getting married is a hell of a decision to make. Not to sound patronising but I think it is too young regardless of how mature she is. I think people need space when they're younger so that they can develop mentally and mature and have the freedom for their personality to change. Making big life decisions before you've had the time to do this gets in the way. I also think that older people should respect that. I think consenting adults should be able to do as they like. 16 is not an adult. Any older person is taking advantage. Sorry.

• Where are this girl's parents? I would never permit my CHILD to be in that sort of "relationship" no matter what religion or plans they have. He's waaaaaay too old for her. If they're talking about getting married when she's 16 how old were they when he started grooming her?

• i can't even process this question... it's just too fucked up for my brain to comprehend. so gross.

• Legally? Maybe, depends on what state you're in.

But honey if you're 16, I know you think you know what you want, but you really have no life experiences to really know. If a man that old wants a girl that young, there is a serious problem.

• It seems wrong.. Because at 16 a kid is a kid. They are not mentally developed compared to the the adult.. It seems like a poor decision on both parties.

• This is illegal and any sexual intercourse they engage in his considered child molestation/rape as they are a minor and you are the adult. It is less than appropriate and you may want to ask yourself why you can't get anyone you're own age that you have to go after a 16 year old. Age may be a number, but there is a limit and this crossed it.

• Not in America. The girl has to be 18. I would also be leery of that 53 year old man. If I was the girl, I would make sure he put me as his beneficiary.

• Not a good idea. I understand the love part but still not a good idea. The age difference is way tooo much.

• *hurls* fucking gross

• That's fucking nasty.

• EW! EW! EW! EW! EW!

• Well.. sure.. but not only is that like dating your fucking grandpa, but I'm sure the cops would get called. When my cousin was 15 she dated a 30 year-old, and the cops were called, because that's underage, where I live.

• Does sucking wrinkly dong appeal to you, cause it does not appeal to me, and I work in geriatrics and it don't look nice at 57 just saying.

• He's a pervert and the girl is a stupid B****. Plain and simple.

• No they can't. Personally I think that's gross. The 53 year old is probably older than her father

• she is underage and if they are "madly in love" she is probably being manipulated by him and i know it is their life but it is disgusting

• The manipulation part is a common myth.

• she is still underage he needs to realize that and back off. she is 16 she does not have a lot of life experience so yes there is a good chance she is being manipulated

• *Pukes* Mother of God they should be baptized in flames for that...

• One of my coworker turned 18 n married a 57 yr old.

• She'd have to be pretty crazy to do that... I'm 18 and would feel sick at marrying a 40 year old.

• That's illegal. In most places.

• Sorry but 53 and 16.. Not a good idea she is a baby sorry

• No that is fucking disgusting! He should be put in jail forever, and she should get her ass kicked by someone.

• I was 24, he was 55. It lasted for a couple of months, but we never had a real connection. Social disapproval didn't help either. People assumed i had to be a golddigger, while i never even accepted gifts from him. It was overall exciting though :).

• Most states under age people need their parents consent to marry. That age gap is not good. He's way too old and she's way too immature to marry.

• This can't be serious. I refuse to believe it is serious.