Girls, other than your own wedding, why do you like weddings so much?

I just see women always being so mushy gushy over weddings, whether it's their own, or even their best friends

So far, what I see is that it's mainly because you just like to get dressed up, interesting

9

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate most weddings. My husband and I hire ourselves out as wedding musicians because it's decent money on the side and good for our performance skills. Aside from that though, many of the people I deal with are complete bridezillas.

• Let me guess you married your singer?

• Lol nope. He plays piano and I play flute. We've been doing this for over 2 years now.

• I was far from being a bridezilla. I had a really small wedding and not much outside help so there really wasn't anything to get mad about. I'm pretty easy going.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't really care about weddings, in general. If it was the wedding of someone I love and care about, then I'd most definitely be excited. In general, though I don't really care. I don't even think about if I ever get married what my wedding would be like, because I don't really care. I'm more about the marriage then the wedding, I think that's the more important part.

• I don't like weddings that much. It might be fun to dress up and eat well but it costs a ton of money - money that should be spent on the house, car, children's university tuition and not on the big day itself.

• I hate weddings. I hate going to the actual event. I do like looking at dresses and color pairings and jewelry and all the fun stuff.

• Because it's an occasion to dress up and have fun. I'm getting married this year and don't consider my self to be a bridezilla. I just hope my guests enjoy themselves while I marry the love of my life :) not everyone likes weddings, but for the most part I enjoy them.. Except for the speeches (boring!) lol

• Is he the father?

• Oh, wait, you're in the U. k. I guess the rules are different there then, eh?

• Yes he is a good man, and I didn't say not to ask it, just that it wasn't appropriate. Funnily enough, the uk also being a free county, I can write exactly as I like also.

• Its a very romantic and intimate experience shared with close friends and family. I'm almost confident that every girl/ woman has thought about their special day. You're marrying the love of your life, your other half, that one special person that compliments you like no one else can.
    We see these couples that renew their vows after 30 years, or see young couples that are happy and we wish one day we will be that happy too. Rather simple if your a woman.

• And yet divorce rates are at 50% or higher

• I'm talking about the actual event itself, not the rest of their lives

• I'm not a huge fan but I do love dressing up for the event but that's about it

• Because they're fun! And very sweet!! I enjoy going to weddings!!

• Most people I know hate weddings. They are too expensive and bride-zillas ruin everything.