How can someone be engaged and still sleeping with an ex?

I just found out a few days ago that my best friend is sleeping with his ex still. He just poured it all to me when we were drinking with a couple of friends. I'm going to be his best man at his wedding and I'm not sure how I feel about this. Or what I should even do because im close to the bride as well. He'd use me as an excuse all the time to see this girl and I didn't even know about this. He said he used me because the bride trusts me.
His story is he bumped into his ex a few months ago when she flew down to visit a couple of friends. They are not really ex but they used to hook up a lot during senior year of high school. She really liked him and he somewhat liked her at the beginning then realized he really liked her when she moved away. He was depressed for a while until he met the bride. She's staying here for a while and so he's been sleeping with her as well. He even thinks she may be pregnant and feels like he's doing nothing wrong since the bride does not believe in sex before marriage.
I personally hate cheating how could someone do this to someone? He's getting married in a couple of months and I'm now in a very awkward position.

Forgot to mention... Since we all went to high school together exception of the bride I know the girl he's sleeping with. She and I are friends and I'm the one that introduced them together. She knows he's getting engaged and that he's been telling her he loves her and he'll leave his fiancé. However he tells me another story if how he can't leave his fiance.
*getting married

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know the rules about Bro Code, but I would definitely tell the woman. If, let's say, my best gal friend was sleeping around on her fiance, I wouldn't ever want to put that man through that. I could not with good conscience allow that man to suffer.

I don't deal with hurting innocent people so I would definitely tell the bride. This is me though. If you were in this situation, how would you want it to be handled (would you want to be told that your fiancee was cheating on you)?

What Girls Said 3

• She's cheating on her fiancee

• I admire your acknowledgement that your friends behavior is WAYY out of line. I wouldn't necessarily tell the bride what's going on, but I would definitely tell your friend NOT to use you for and excuse.. if your friend wants to cheat he needs his own excuses.

• If you're a true friend to them you'll tell. No point in getting married based on lies. If he doesn't think he's doing anything wrong he should have no problem telling his fiance.

They obviously have different beliefs so they shouldn't be getting married anyway.

If he isn't doing anything wrong I want to see him explain that he's going to be a father to her.

What Guys Said 3

• How can they do it? What's stopping them? It doesn't violate any criminal or civil law. Maybe you should ask a better question.

• You better nip this in the bud and cast this asshole out before it's too late. Technically, they haven't gotten married. So, it's best to find out now rather than after the honeymoon. This so-called friend of yours is quite an asshole. He truly doesn't understand what marriage is about if he's cheating.

• You need to tell the Bride, can't you see your friend is using you? you are kind of helping him to cheat since you are being used as a cover so he can go and see that girl which makes you look REALLY bad. Imagine how bad it's going to get when they marry and she will find out he is cheating on her. This might actually hurt him as well since women usually get most of the man's assets as well.

If i would be you, i would tell.