My parents want me to marry a muslim?

Hello.
I know that I am too young to think about marriage but my parents want me to marry a muslim!!
I am muslim myself and I do understand why I have to marry a muslim but I don't get along with muslims.
I think I am too open-minded for marrying a muslim. Like I don't see homosexuality as a sin and if my son were gay then I would totally support him.
I just realized that I disagree with muslims on so many things and to me they seem to be "too ignorant".
by the way I apologize if this comes off as rude, it's just my own experience.

Most Helpful Girl

• just like you are an open-minded muslim, you MIGHT meet one too. you are stereotyping muslims as backward. religion has got to do nothing with love. don't be prejudiced towards muslims... you MAY find the one with whom you get along great.
    many muslims support homosexuality.
    i see why your parents think the way they think. in order to marry someone outside of your religion, you will be required to convert (but not if you marry a hindu), and your parents will think that they have failed to raise you in a way where you truly love Allah and not ditch your religion for convenience... it's a tricky situation.
    all i am saying is, not all muslims are narrow-minded... YOU should be open-minded and not loathe the men of your religion.
    i am also not telling you to not marry anyone outside of your religion.. but do it for the right reasons... only if you love the person, not just to hurt your parents... and explain the situation to them calmly

What Guys Said 6

• My parents' wishes for me were much the same, though I was raised Christian. I have disagreements with them, but found it easier to stay quiet than to challenge some of the things they were unwilling to question.

Lo and behold, I fell in love with a girl from a Muslim family whose attitudes were much the same as mine. I still have my faith, as does she, but strangely enough I found my beliefs were closer to hers than they were to my own parents.

I think the key here is moderation. I'm relatively laid-back, and I find it easier to get along with a similarly laid-back Muslim than with "you're-going-to-hell-unless-you-believe-EXACTLY-as-I-do" fellow Christians. We all ultimately have to find our own paths in life. I wish the same for you.

• First you say you're too open minded for muslims then you generalise every single muslim on this planet as a gay basher. Hypocrite much.. at the end of the day do what you want but dont generalise a billion people based on your opinion of a few

• You don't have to see religion while getting married if you love that guy and feel he could be good partner just go for it... religion doesn't matter at all.

• At the end of the day, it's your decision. You may not be legal enough, but it's entirely up to you.

• I guess that just means you must reject getting married until legal age, and then leave and never look back when you get the opportunity to do so. Then find someone who's irreligious.

• Firstly Nobody gives a shit as to who you want to marry. Turn eighteen 'pay back your biological specimens for feeding you all these years and do as you wish and take legal course of action if you have a case of suing them. Me thinks your hormones are as f#$@d up as your brain.
    Secondly you make a post on marriage and then you decide that you a group of humans are not compatible with you. and you see it necessary to bring in homosexuality and your kid blah blah blah.
    Thirdly with all this ranting before your so called age of U18 (which i believe is fake) i doubt if anyone would see you as a wife material nevermind a housemaker.
    Lastly you are a troll with is single and awful in their education

• Why the fuck are you freaking out lol? If you think that I'm a loser/troll or whatever then just fucking shut up. You can't just assume that some issues don't exist? Okay bye, have a nice day :-)))

What Girls Said 7

• Well, it's kind of difficult considering your culture. I don't think anyone should feel pressured to be with or marry someone they don't like or care for. It's your life and you should be with whoever you want and marry for love. If you do that though, it might make your relationship with your parents rocky.

So, I suppose you have to decide what you feel is best for you. Maybe you could try talking to them about it and see where the conversation leads. I would hope they would be understanding and supportive of you but not all parents are like that regarding their children's relationships. Of course I don't know your parents, but you do so you should just make a decision regarding whatever you feel is right for YOU.

• Not all Muslim men are strict as I'm sure you know so why not find a Muslim man who is like you? They may be rare where you're at so it might be easier to find them overseas or in different countries.

What you said isn't rude jtlyk. It's honest and I'm glad that you're open-minded and less ignorant than some religious folk. :)

• "I think I am too open-minded for marrying a muslim." --'

Are you saying 1 billions people are closed minded? I am Muslims and I have gays friends. Stop generalising please...

• You will just have to so "no" to marriage until you can move out and find yourself a secular guy. Good luck with that. Hopefully, they don't force you to marry.

• No one has the right to force you to marry someone if you don't want to. Stand up for what you believe. It's your life. You decide what is right.

• Then don't marry a Muslim. They can't physically force you to do it.

• Sure they can. That's why that religion is scary, in my opinion.

• Yeah... depending on where you live i agree with mesonfielde

• I live in Switzerland so I'm good. :)

• you claim to be Muim but disagree with Allah your creator that homosexuality js a sin? it's right there in the quran... please rethink.