Is this, or is this not fucked up?

So my sister's husband has a kid with the chick he was with 5 years before my sister married him. My sister and him share a baby now, but I recently over heard him telling my brother he still texts his ex (even though they split as soon as she got pregnant and she has been dating this other guy for the past 5 years). He said they talk about sports and about her bf and all this shit and FRANKLY I'm about to knock him the hell out because why is he texting his baby momma about things other than the kid they share when he is MARRIED and has a BABY with my sister? Am I the only one who thinks this is fucked up and disrespectful of him or? PLEASE RESTRAIN ME FROM GOING DOWNSTAIRS AND DECKING HIM IN THE FRICKEN FACE.

I don't know what else they may talk about but he is shady af sometimes and my sister honestly should have left him months ago for some of the stunts he's pulled. in my opinion, they should only be conversing about their kid, not about their significant others and teehee sports and shit like... I seriously hate his guts right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's f*cked up at all. It's actually mature of him to stay friendly with her for the sake of their child

What Guys Said 4

• i dont think its disrespectful but it can be seen that way. its best to be on good terms with your baby mama dont want her sticking you with super high child support or taking the kids always or w/e

• I think the parents of the child staying civil with each other is important but there is a limit, I think.

I'm thinking of the kid... it's going to grow up with either a very stable sense of identity or be very confused as to who the parents are...

• It would be irresponsible of him to sever all ties to the mother of one of his children. If he isn't talking as though he intends to resurrect the relationship and cheat on his wife, I don't see what there is to be angry about.

• baby mama drama

What Girls Said 7

• It's really important for the child's sake that parents maintain a good working relationship. it sounds like both parties are in happy secure relationships, so I wouldn't worry that he's going behind your sister's back.

• SHE HAS HIS CHILD. girl baby mamas are here to stay, there is nothing you can do.

• Well is he texting normal conversations? Or is he flirting with her?

• If they are just friends and no sex talk between them, it's not so bad. Maybe for their baby sake it's good they get along.

• Not really. Just because they're ex's doesn't necessarily mean they can't be friends.

• Call him out!!!

• They need to discuss the raising of their kid. Everything else is about maintaining a friendship with their ex - personally, I dont like doing that as once you have been intimate it is difficult to just go back to being friends.