My mom really wants to leave my dad for good because he keeps lying to her face and going out drinking days at a time like he's a college kid and she is working full time, taking night courses at the business college and taking care of my 2 younger siblings. He keeps saying he'll change and try to get a new job and won't go out anymore, which sometimes he'll stick to for a month or so but the cycle ALWAYS repeats. He refuses to go see someone for his addiction /problems. I know she always decides to "wait and see" but I know she is exhausted and annoyed and all I see is her wasting time on him. If she finally puts her foot down though, her reasons really are justifiable, am I right?

she told me that she always just decides to stay because "The one time I actually do decide to leave him will be the time he actually does straighten himself out and end up successful, then makes me look like a bad wife because I wasn't there for his worst times"

... No mom. If it takes you to have to leave him so he straightens up, then just leave, and see if it actually DOES happen. Don't bank on it but at least move on with your life. He's just stressing her out, if anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, totally justified. In fact, she should have left him ages ago.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes of course it is justified in every way; she has been giving him many chances to realize on his own that he needs to change for the better, however is reluctant to, and therefore she needs to let him go.

• I think so... why should his downward spiral drag everyone else down?

• Yes, she would have good reason to leave him.

What Girls Said 5

• Completely justified, especially if you have children. They don't need to grow up in that kind of environment.

• YES. People like that do not change. And he's proven it time and time again from the sounds of it. That's not healthy for her or for you guys. She gave him way more chances than he deserves, in my opinion.

• Yes she deserves better and in this case even being alone is better.

• You're right, it's justifiable. If that was my husband I would have left a long time ago.

• Yes you're right.