Arranged or love marriage? Which do you prefer?

Historically arranged marriages have been more successful than love marriages. While both have flaws it is a growing phenomena where young people are opting to have an arranged marriage. Especially since finding the person you're most compatible with is becoming a chore. So which would you prefer?

Think of the A&E Reality series "married at first sight"
P. s. divorce does not determine the success of a marriage

Most Helpful Guy

• I would never agree to an "arrange marriage" at all; it doesn't work that way. I do not know how compatible we are, I don't really know much about her except of what the family has portrayed and feelings doesn't simply grow over time, you just know it when you find the right person; love does grow, but to those you already cared for.

What Guys Said 13

• "Historically arranged marriages have been more successful than love marriages."

What determines whether or not it's a successful marriage? Divorce?

I call bs on this statement...

• Gay marriage. Or no marriage...

• Arranged marriages only have less divorce because the couple are surrounded by family members who would shoot them if they ended it.
    They are forced to stay in that relationship, even if they are miserable. They would not only have to walk out on the marriage partner, but they would also have to completely reject, and be rejected by, their family.

• I have never been in a relationship Before and i am not gonna marry any soon... So if i find a relationship in that period and if it is worth and going great then love marriage... and if i don't find anybody then arranged... cause i am now a says believing in arranged marriages cause relationships can fail a lot as compared to arranged...

But you know like is unpredictable so let's see what happens... Next

• I don't want any third parties making that decision instead of me. That's just crazy.

• I do not agree with arranged marriage let alone marriage at first sight

• Arranged marriage is obviouslya cultural thing but I believe in a love marriage more.

• Lol, they aren't really more successful. Bad arranged marriages, they are just trapped in the relationship because it is dishonorable to the family, public shame, etc. It's the culture.

• Let me check my marriage book *checkin* *checkin* *still checkin* guess what it says 21 dont even think about that lol xD

• a love marriage. I like to have my options. the girls my mom usually want me to be with are usually a good pick, but I don't ever want to be with them.

• Ah miss... there is nothing called as "arrange marriage" among white people i guess?

• Desiboy I get where you're coming from. And I do agree with you arranged marriages probably is non existent in the 'white' culture. However there is an experiment being conducted by renowned specialists called "married at first sight". Being aired on A&E

• Hmm would you marry like that?

• The freedom my parents gave to me and my sisters as it relates to marriage I will not give it up. However if it comes to that I would consider the option. Its been 30 years and counting and their marriage was arranged and I have seen so many more being a success.

P. s. divorce does not determine the success of a marriage.

• I don't want arranged but a little match making is fine.

• Even though I dream of love marriage I'm gonna be spoken for.
    Fuck I hate it.

What Girls Said 6

• Successful in the fact the couples stay together because of their cultural beliefs.
    That is what you are stating.

What I consider successful is different.

Just because we don't sign divorce papers doesn't mean our marriage is "successful."
    If my happiness isn't existing in the marriage and I am proceeding to carry on with it, as if I am a robot.
    Whether I legally indicate that fact or not, my arranged marriage is unsuccessful to me because I am not happy.

I prefer love marriage.
    I'll take that chance If it fails rather than establishing something that wasn't real to begin with.

• Neither and A and E is BS!

• I would think "love marriage". The only reasons why I would think arranged marriages would work would be because both people in it understand that it is for their "family" and they may/not fall in love later but it's a great "shame" to divorce. I think they're stuck.

At least with love marriage you can choose who to be with.

Unless if I got the arranged marriages wrong.

• Hell no! I wouldn't let anyone make decision for me especially in choosing my partner. I'm glad my parents are open.

• A love marriage... But maybe an arranged marriage. All I know is that I won't let my parents tell me who to marry.

• Uh hell no. Marriage should be done out of love and nothing else.