What reasons would an engaged young woman want to flirt?

I recently met a 21 year. Old girl, who I had no intentions of pursuing. I later found out that she was engaged. She never wore her engagement ring. One day, she came to my place of work with a menu from the mall food court and turned her back towards me so that I would have to look over her shoulder to see the menu. Two questions that came to my mind:

1) Why did she bring a menu from a restaurant at the food court? Food courts usually have menu boards that you can read while you're waiting in line.

2) Why did she turn her back towards me as if she wanted me to get closer to her and comfort her?

Here's the question that I haven't been able to figure out: What reasons would an engaged young woman want to flirt?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all engaged women do it but I know a good amount who do. They've always told me that you only live once and your about to "sell" yourself to one person so why not make it interesting before its official. I don't much agree with it, but then again if they want so much excitement as to risk they're engagement then let them. Most women just want to know if they still have what it takes to get men. One of my friends is 23 and is soon to get married, but she says she would always wonder if she had never of tested the waters to see if she was still attractive to others. She was right she is still attractive. But Most women just want to see if there is something better than upgrade to. But most women don't realize what they're getting married to is what's best for them.

What Girls Said 4

• Lol that's one weird way of trying to flirt lol. Lets see when your engaged its like your FINAL days of free in a way till you finally marry? You get me? Especially us chicks we ALWAYS need to be re=assured of something that we are good at in this case its if she still got it. Plus its probably how she is flirty she is 21 after all.

• I really think you're reading into it too much but she may just like to flirt because well that could just be her personality. Me, I love to flirt but it never means much more than that.

• Wow, interesting. Just like guys, girls love to flirt. And when it's going no where, we just see it as harmless fun. As long as she keeps it like that, then I say your fine, and don't worry too much about her.

• Bored with her fiance.

What Guys Said 1

• The same reason others would want to do it.

Flirting is more about getting each others attention in most weirdest of ways. There are no strict norms that say what the person should do.

Maybe until she is committed she still wants to see whether she is still an attention stealer, or maybe since she hasn't spoken to you as of yet. Might be you have read the body language wrong.

Too many maybe or mights.