Guys, who are married - what keeps you loyal?

To those men who are married, what has kept you loyal to your wife?

What things does she do that keep you satisfied?

to those who have strayed, cheated or divorced - is there something she did or didn't do to create dissatisfaction?

thanks!

15

Most Helpful Guy

• First wife cheated on me with her ex who she is now married to... apparently I didn't have enough money and she was quite high maintenance... Anyway I packed a bag and walked out the door...

I was never looking outside of my marriage and after being hurt by first wife that has just reinforced my commitment, I never ever want to cause that hurt to anyone... and besides, there's a whole trust issue that will always be in question..

You ask about keeping satisfied... it's a bit different to that, marriage is just a piece of paper... nothing more, nothing less...
    The relationship however it is called legally, needs to have trust, commitment and honesty but the thing that makes a relationship work is compromise and the best way I had it explained to me is imagine you are white paint and your partner is red paint, when they are joined or mixed in a relationship, you are now both pink paint, hence you need to compromise.
    Relationships are like houses and vehicles, they require maintenance or they start to break down...
    Whoever came up with the fairytale stories of "happily ever after" that we're all told when we're young was clearly never married...
    Don't get me wrong here, My second marriage is great, we still have disagreements and everything else, and we have " kid free nights" to put some romance and spark into it and do some dates without kids too, but that's maybe every 2-3 months, our kids come first and foremost for us...
    Hope this helps..

What Guys Said 14

• It was our love and commitment. We chose to get married and that meant being with only each other. And nothing changed that feeling.

• Depends on the man himself. Some are chronic cheaters and will cheat even if things are perfect. Some are loyal and will never stray no matter how fucked up the marriage is. Then you have the ones who will cheat because of a reason. Basically they justify the cheating. When women cheat, they usually are the justifier type. There is some reason or behaviour he does that justifies what she is doing. Most men when they cheat, don't justify it. They just flat out don't care, and want variety. Once a cheater, always a cheater. It's usually nothing the other person did wrong.

• Personally, my opinion may not go with EVERYONE elses, but I didn't wait till the perfect girl came along. I actually waited until she came up to me and said she liked me. That was courage. She didn't wear any makeup, but still tried to make herself look good naturally. That was honesty. She refused to even hug another guy, because she had the ideals of classic ladylikeness. THAT was even more faithfulness than I had even been willing to accept. She refuses to speak or do or dress sexually (even too-tight clothing) in public, but will go wild to my heart's content in private. That is faithful chastity. She keeps herself submissive and sweet, more of a personal preference of how a "wife" should be (quite old-school, just the way I like it), yet holds her own dignity so that she doesn't get walked over when I'm not doing something right. That's a wonderful personality, the confident, yet loving and caring personality I fell for.
    The wife who will make any man stay committed forever, is simply the wife who knows what it means to be a wife. When a woman is completely committed to you, you gain a desire much stronger than anything: the desire to be committed back to her. God, I miss her now. I'm going to go see her!

• Straying occurs with boredom more than anything else. And unfortunately there's little to do to get around it other than shear will power. You can only try so many positions, take so many vacations and purchase so many toys and sexy outfits. Humans are not wired to be monogamous. Society has simply molded us to think that we should be..

• That's an interesting opinion, has this been your experience with monogamy? Do you prefer to be single?

• The feeling changes from time to time. But given that I also love my family Its not an easy thing to just say "yes."

• She watches some porn with me, tries to fulfill as much needs as she is able to (she finds many things disgousting) and also it is easy to be loyal as not many other women are interested in me. But the best reason - she makes me love her all the time so much, and I cannot cheat on somebody who I love.

• Okay so that sexual satisfaction is important to you and her willingness to try things helps you appreciate and Love her - correct? That's really beautiful that you both found something that works for you and is full of respect. Congratulations mate!

• She has been loyal to me, she takes care of me, she loves me, she is the mother of my children, she is a great mom, she goes easy on my - not busting my balls or nagging but still keeps me in line, we dont argue a lot,, i trust her and she trusts me.

• I m not married...

But I don't believe in breaking hearts, leaving her... Coz I am not the follower of hook up n break up culture..

• She does everything for me, I have quite literally no reason to go elsewhere.

• Nothing, it's just a constant fuck fest.

• Well I made a commitment. That commitment was to love and choose love everyday.

• That is just beautiful! Good for you. So for you its a choice.

• Love has always been a choice for me. The feeling of being in love is just chemicals. But love in and of itself is a choice. I will stop at that before I diverge the conversation.

• seriously... women have the power to cheats as much as men these days...

• I will get married in the next months, and I m totally loyal. At the beginning of our relation we talked about that and swear to always say the trust and never hide Sth to each other. Because love and trust r linked. She knows that if she wants an experience we can talk about and the same for me. We have an open mind and she is the one I can forgive all. The only important thing fir me I have repeated to her many times is to never hide me sth and that all problems can be solve.

• i'd love to cheat on my wife with u :*

• Your not going to like it but a bj once a day will keep me home