Your opinions on gay marriage, and homosexuality?

Pro? Con? I personally am pro I don't understand why it is such a big deal I'm currently righting a reaserch paper on this topic and it digust me to hear why people think homosexuality nod bad. For instance a girl in my class less than five mins ago was talking about it and how it is wrong God on, y wants a man and women to get married not man and man and how her mom walked up and said " yeah that's what my mom always said that's why God made Adam and eve not Adams and Steve " then they laughed together and said that was really funny... Hun they is no where in the bible that talks about homosexuality. You don't have to marry the same sex you don't even have to like it, but don't judge someone you never met. I have so much more to say but I can't say it all.

• Pro
  • Con
  • In between

Most Helpful Guy

• I just think it's hilarious how some people invest so much time and effort into telling everyone how weird they think it is that some guys put their wonker into other guys' butts. Yet I don't see these people desperately trying to claim that "anal sex" is inherently bad.

Funny, because otherwise it's a question of how "manly" those two people are for having sex with guys rather than girls, and "manliness" is a purely social construct, therefore it is pretty much an entirely moot point as it holds no objective meaning.

Therefore, homophobia is silly.

What Guys Said 28

• they should do whatever the fuck they want. I really dont have any opinion for pros/cons on the matter. they're human, have a beating heart, just like me.

• should be able to*

• Oh my gosh yes!!! It's not hurting me it not hurting anyone bc someone of the same sex is getting married.. They are still human

• exactly, and I still dont understand why people claim it "ruins marriage for the rest of us". like seriously how fucking selfish are they to make a statement like that. that basically gives me the impression that they dont want gay people to experience the same rights they have because it will ruin it for them? the fuck is their problem. selfish dickheads.

• There are many Bible passages which condemn homosexuality. See http://www.openbible.info/topics/homosexuality

Most people who are against "gay" marriage are NOT suggesting that homosexuality should be made illegal. Opponents resent the fact that homosexuals want to force us to treat them as if they are normal, and they are not normal. We don't want our sacred relationship with the opposite sex being put in the same category with homosexual relationships.

Why is it that homosexuals have not asked for creation of homosexual civil unions which could be treated in SOME of the same ways as marriage?

• What research did you conduct?
    The Bible most certainly does talk about homosexuality though. Expressly it states that homosexuality is an abomination, and that if caught the two partners should be stoned and their blood will be on their own heads. It is also implied in stories like the destruction of soddom and gomorrah. Just a quick recap of that story, god sent two angels to lot's house. all the men in the town (all) showed up to rape the two (male assumed) angels. Lot tells the mob to take his two virgin daughters and forcibly rape them instead. The mob refuses.

On to MY beliefs though. Marriage is a government institution and therefore CANNOT exclude homosexual couples. However, I do not think marriage should be a government institution. That is where the gray area comes in. If Marriage is solely a religious institution should they be forced to allow homosexual couples be married? I am not certain on that point.

• People should marry whoever they love who is a consenting legal adult. Legal marriage is with the state and it isn't like gay couples are pounding down church doors to force them to marry them or anything. Also why should a rule that only applies to followers of a certain group of religions apply to everyone including those who don't share those beliefs? If we made beef consumption illegal tomorrow because cows are sacred to Hindus, you can bet your ass there would be Americans of all religions rioting against that. Moral of the story? Don't force religious laws on everyone. It's hypocritical because many people would strongly dislike like it if the shoe was on the other foot.

• Why are they getting all the media attention when there are orphans starving to death and poverty all over the world? That's what I think I think people only get upset about it cause its an easy issue to get upset about and it helps avoid being upset at things that are worthy of being upset over and are serious problems that are hard to fix.

• Oppression isn't a competition. Just because there are issues elsewhere doesn't mean we can ignore the issues here. "Just be grateful that you aren't suffering as much as you could be" are the words of an abuser.

• @cipher42 its nowhere near a competition cause orphans get no media attention what so ever when was the last time an orphan made it in the news? Oh you can't cause its never happened.

• I'm not saying that stuff shouldn't get attention. It should. But I am saying that we shouldn't sacrifice fighting for perfectly good causes to fight for other causes. Maybe complain about the news coverage going to stuff like pop culture or something instead of the coverage going to actual real issues.

• My uncle was gay. He struggled a lot because his father wouldn't accept him. My parents are friends with a gay couple. My best childhood friend is gay. One of my best friends is lesbian.

Of course I want them to have exactly the same rights and acceptance that I have.

• I generally don't really support anything that tells people they can't do stuff.

• As for the gays, I don't care. If you want to be gay, why should I give a fuck?

As for the whole gay marriage thing, I agree with Bill...
    http://youtu.be/iUMazE0o3f0

• Pro - Now they can pay alimony and child support just like everyone else.

• Pro because well I'm gay. In questions and opinions whenever I talk about an ex or a crush I always say 'my partner' instead of boyfriend or 'they' instead of he. Because I feel like people on here would be assholes because it seems like there are a lot of religious people. But I don't want to lie and say it's a girl either

• Totally support them hopefully same sex marriage legalised in Ireland in next month or so.

• People need to be free

• I don't really care either way, I have better shit to do.

• People should be free to marry who they want

• I think its a strong possibility that the supreme court rules against it.

• Gay should be just as welcome to marry who they wish as non-gay are. If it weren't for the religious trying to push their agenda, it wouldn't even be an issue.

• They are free to be happy, just the way we are.

• Adam and Eve didn't exist as told.

• its adam and steve not adam and eve lol

• yeah well if u care read this "Who was Adam " by Dr Hugh Ross and Fazale rana its a great read

• Depends on a region.

In EU/USA I support it.
    Back home I oppose it.

• im posting this comment so i can "bookmark" this for later.

• i support gay rights... nay rights for ALL.

• We're in the 21st century, so I act like it.

• It should be illegal , There should be punishments against homosexuals. Because being homosexual is against Gods order.

• "... no where in the bible that talks about homosexuality".

The bible actually does reference homesexuality.

Lev.20:13 ""If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

And there are other references as well.

At the end of the day as much as people will deny it, the world has/is changing negatively in many regards. We are more liberal than ever. I've noticed we accept certain things just to follow the crowd so that we too are accepted and not looked at differently.

You can hate me for it, but its the truth.

• That's really gay

• As an atheist, I'm against it... it's simply not natural.

• Argument from nature is a logical fallacy. It has no place in the conversation when discussing actual matters of law.

• Except homosexuality isn't unnatural... unnatural would imply that we can't observe it in nature but we clearly do.

• It is a genetic disorder and/or hormonal disbalance, both in humans and other animals... so it's "natural", just like any other physiological disorder.

• It's a developmental mental disorder. Sorry to burst the liberal deterministic bubble, but there is NO GENETIC LINK.

I support so-called "gays" being allowed to have the freedom to do as they choose, but the truth needs to be known.

• I'm old enough where my mind is occupied with more important things now for my own survival.

What Girls Said 22

• Entirely pro. Actually, I've been doing a huge school project on LGBTQ discrimination for the past several months. So if you need any sources or anything, hit me up.

But I mean, seriously, it's 2015. Why can't we just have equal rights already? Though I gotta say, I really don't think marriage equality is necessarily what needs to be focused on. Don't get me wrong, it's important and all, but so are a whole lot of other issues that are pretty much ignored. Homelessness among LGBTQ youth, mistreatment in healthcare, high substance abuse and suicide rates, transgender issues in general, etc. But that's beside the point. Basically I just think LGBTQ people really should have equal rights, and soon.

• I don't care. It's their life, none of my business.

• I am Christian. I think it is wrong (which yeah there actually is homosexuality stuff in the bible, look it up maybe) but with that being said I stick with the unreleased part of Phil's interview last year. He said that he would never judge or mistreat someone for that. One of my favorite people is an EXTREME gay guy. I have a family member that is a lesbian and we did not go to her wedding, but my family none the less loves her just like they did when she was 5. Am I opposed? Yes. Would I be jerk based on this? Definitely not.

• I don't really agree, but at least you're not the kind that hates people if they're gay and doesn't want any interaction with them.

• I'm all for equality. It's stupid how people try to say it's wrong n all but really it's like your not in the fucking relationship so who gives a shit?

• Absolutely in favour. The arguments against it honestly make me laugh, like 'preserving family values'. The idea that only straight couples can bring up children is ludicrous. In lots of cases, gay couples bring up their children (whether adopted or otherwise) in a more loving environment than that of many straight couples.

• I don't mind it one bit. My sister is a lesbian, my best friend's sister is a lesbian, and I've had two gay best friends. It's never phased me. Everyone should be able to be happy with whoever they choose to be with.

• I don't understand what the big deal is. If somebody wants to marry someone of the same gender, then they should be able to without people caring. I have several gay friends and I think it's totally cute! Just because it offends you doesn't mean it's wrong. It's none of your business what somebody does with their life, only the people involved. If you don't like it, ignore it, because it will only emerge more as society changes.

• Pro. I think everyone has the right to experience marriage and have the advantages with it. Does it really matter if it's a woman and man or same sex?

• I'm pro. I think they should be able to do whatever the rest of us can. I can't even think of one reason not to let them. I don't understand why people think they should have any less rights. You can love who you want to love.

• And as far as the girl you described... The problem is that there are a lot of people who are too ignorant to realize that not everyone is the same religion as them. Or even religious at all, for that matter. They think that their view is the only one that matters and that's that.

• support it 100% and i am a christian people should be judged based on their character not their sexual orientation.

• I could care less about the privacy other others bedrooms.
    But personally I think it's disgusting and odd.

• Everyone should have right to do whatever they want with their lives. No one should stop them from enjoying mundane tasks of life.

• The priests shouldn't be forced to marry them. That's the only place where I stand.

• I'm okay with people who are gay but I do not support it.

• I support gay marriage as much as I support the straight one.

• Everybody deserves the right to love who they want The heart wants what it wants right? Sometimes we can't help who we fall in love with.

• They should be able to marry whoever the hell they want as long as they're both consenting.

• They do what they want, it's not other people's business

• While I'm not a lesbian, this couple is by far one of my favorite YouTube couples.

http://youtu.be/FCkQQFglOxE

• Honestly I'm a christian. God created us all in his image. Eventhough I cringe if I see two women or two men kissing. No sin is greater than the other.

• Live and let live

• that's bullshit the bible clearly talks about homosexuality her look :lev.18:22, lev 20:13, Rom 1:26-27

• You don't want to be using Leviticus as your 'proof' from the Bible. It is full of some crazy, crazy things, and will do far more harm to your cause than good. If you start saying that you support the things the Old Testament supports it opens you up to a world of logical inconsistencies.

• yeah well I have evidence for those crazy crazy things retard