Is there really any valid argument to why 2 people of the same sex can't marry in some states?

Because I can't seem to think of why 2 consenting adults who love eachother shouldn't be allowed to marry.

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Because religious people feel threatened in their unconditional power to tell others what is right and what is wrong by pointing at the Bible and saying it is the ultimate truth and the foundation for all life and stuff.

I think school should start earlier so that children could learn alternative perspectives, rather than just learn that every non-religious person is immoral and evil, while they through their judgements are totally a-okay.

s3.amazonaws.com/.../judge.png

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Religious and conservative people in government!

0|0
    0|0
  • no there is not a valid reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Religous reasons im against gay marriage in a sense where yeah other people should be able to get married and all but I'm not going to fight for it

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• some are conservative states which are still clinging to the religious element of the issue... Which is a gross contradiction to say the least, given that in the USA, church and state are separate. nevertheless it will pass and one day gays and lesbians will be able to wed in any state they choose.

0|0
    0|0
  • Marriage is a religious sacrament. Domestic Partnerships are for gays. The only reason they want it to be a marriage is because marriage has benefits bestowed in it such as for people that are raising children there are tax breaks. Marriage is a defined term in a legal sense so they hikack the sacrament of marriage to get access to the legal rights instead of having the laws changed to apply to Domestic Partnerships... It is a short cut that defaces actual marriage.

You can rename a dog a cat but it is really still just a dog no matter how hard you try to convince people otherwise.

0|0
    0|1