What was bad about being a housewife?

free rent, bit of extra washing, few more potatoes in the trolly put the hoover about for half hour rest of the day window shopping and drinking tea at a friends house?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys were very ungrateful of their women when it was the norm, and they would end up cheating on them. But since they are housewives they couldn't easily find a job so they felt stuck, in a relationship where the guy cheated on her and was ungrateful of her. Which is somethings I would never be for my future wife.

• this may be true to a certain extent but society also came down hard on bad husbandry

What Guys Said 6

• No thing.
    If both parties have full work duties I do not think this is the best way for that relationship to continue. I believe for the benefit of the home (not any house), one of them should more time to care of the home specially the children and their problems.

• Having no power in a divorce and relying so much on another person for one.

• in this time women have more power?

• If they have a job they're not SoL when the guy leaves with his flavor of the month

• Nothing is wrong with it. Its just not for every woman and its not every man's preference for a partner. I am glad I live in a place and era where we have choices.

• Nothing is bad actually... It's your choice... Don't let the society device what you should do just because it says being a house wife is bad...

• There's nothing wrong with you being a house wife, I don't see where is the problem?

• it's not a real job...

• It depends if it makes a better employee

• I don't see it as a real job, no one get's paid to be a housewife. But I'm not going to judge people for it...

What Girls Said 6

• My mom is a housewife and ny dad doesn't care, there is nothing wrong with it.

But if my parents weren't in love and happily married then my mom would have a problem because she would have to work for money and that would be a problem

• I don't know if it's bad, it just seem like it would be borin. It better to make your own money and just have your own stuff

• I would be working in many ways that are unseen so the money's also mine

• Nothing. Not sure why you put free rent, and the rest because being unless you're referring to a stepford wife it's simply not true.

• There is nothing wrong with it as long as your partner is satisfied

• Nothings wrong with being a house wife but being dependent is bad sometimes.

• Nothing wrong. My mom is a houswife and at certain moment she decided (at the time -30 years ago-) what was better for the family.

Things were different and she considered that was better to stay at home. She (with dad) have two daugthers (professionals) with two degrees and two masters and a son in college.

We live in a society were we can choose so that's the main thing. We can do whatever we want. Just to be careful because there will be men that will think that they own a women.

• there are people of both gender who think that way