What is your opinion on love marriage & arranged marriage?

What do you think of these marriage. Is it love marriage good or arranged marriaged good to the people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think their interesting. I can see why arrangened marriages last longer but I still prefer to marry someone I'm in love with. realistically, while very few marriages in the west are arranged. I'd say few are based on love either, most people marry for something they believe their partner can give them, such as money, prestige, social status, babies, etc

What Girls Said 5

• I'm kind of torn on it really. A love marriage would be fantastic, of course, everyone wants love in their marriage.

That being said, an arranged marriage, can be more beneficial. If you think about it from when arranged marriages were more popular, many of them were arranged for money. There were people against it, but others would be totally fine with it, as on one hand, they lost love, but how could you miss something you didn't have? But to compensate for the loss, they got a life of comfort, That is only example, of course there would always be the chance you'd get arranged with someone who could totally screw you over.

But then again, you could get screwed over in love as well, so I'd say both have equal ups and downs.

• I think you should pray and ask God to give you somebody who will treat you well but they say that statistics show that arranged marriages are the most successful marriages.

• Religious marriages don't last as well as atheist marriages do, and have a higher divorce rate.

The reason arranged marriages don't end in divorce is because other family members would kill them for disgracing the family, so they're forced to continue in an unhappy marriage.

• i know in india is an arranged marriage a normal thing. for us europeans its a bit weird. to marry somebody i dont know just because my parents chose him. well its a bit courageous and dangerous.
    marriage based on love is the only true and happy marriage

• lol, if only love did ensure happiness. even when it's requited, that isn't always enough.

• I'm more on love marriage side

• obviously love marriage is better , we can't force two people to get married and stay, and live together forever without loving each other and without having the freedom of choice, i am definitely against arranged marriage, it is a personal decision

What Guys Said 5

• Arranged marriage goes beyond the whole point of marriage because marriage is about love and for two independent people agreeing into it. I know the value and views of marriage depends on each unique culture and individual, but in my point of view arranged marriage is just pointless stupid practice.

• I think that I'll marry for love, and others are free to do as they wish, provided that they consent.

• I know in China we used to do it but not anymore and I'm so happy for it. I don't want other people to choose the love of my life.

• Both have their merits and demerits. Although, all I can say is that the known devil is better than unknown evil. LOL

• neither. marriage is useful, but is a spent concept.