Would you be upset about this?

I was maid of honor in my friends wedding last summer, and it was really expensive. I'm a student, and don't have tons of money, but I spent about $600-$700 to be in her wedding (hair, nails, dress, shoes, wedding shower...). She and her now husband were in therapy before the wedding and already having problems, but they got married anyways and now less than a year later she told me that she is filing for divorce. Would you be upset at spending all of that money, when I already had a good idea that they weren't going to make it?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. She should not postpone her divorce or wedding for the sake of her friends but you can resolve to spend less on being her bridesmaid or refuse to be her maid of honour in the future. However, maybe you can see if you can convince them to give it another try. I think people walk into marriages with unreasonable expectations and bail out at the first sign of difficulty - marriages are not meant to be idyllic picture perfect lives - you work at it and sacrifice for it. Just like a fat person who wants to lose weight - it requires sacrifice and hard work - you can't tell the mirror to make you beautiful and do absolutely nothing to get there. Most people worship holly wood and think everything is easy.

What Guys Said 2

• Well basically you know it is your fault. I had a similar situation before, and I made my best to have the least contribution in it.

• I think it's pretty understandable. But did you really need to spent all that money? Was it required? I think weddings should be more of celebrating with friends and family than spenting money and showing off. I guess she just wanted to be happy and gave it a try and she shouldn't make you in any way spent that money (if she did) for her wedding in the first place.

What Girls Said 5

• I totally see where you're coming from. It's slightly aggravating to know you spent all this money on a wedding that you saw failing from the beginning. But, what's done is done and there's nothing you can do to change what's going on. Just be there for your friend and try not to stress about the money. And whatever you do, don't bring that subject up to her! Lol

• Yeahhhh that would be really annoying but $600-$700 really isn't that much money :/ Weddings are expensive by nature

• I guess IO see why you feel it was a waste.

• No... their divorce isn't about you. You should be more concerned about being a good friend and being there for her rather than selfishly worrying about how much money you spent.

• I actually would be upset about that but I would also be upset at her for getting married in the first place.