Do you believe in interracial couples or marriage/ children?

Me personally I don't believe in it, because I think that the child will be confused about his identity and cannot identify with a race fully...

Imagine asking yourself am i black or white? and being confused
And if they are married , then imagine how the child feels being not black or white, but inbetween

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you. My mate has 2 kids to a black women. She fucked off wasn't interested in them. They're in their early 20s now and both of them are more confused than scooby doo. They get grief from all sorts of people and dont feel comfortable dating any girls because of the hassle they get from different people. My mate told me they've been struggling with their identity all their lives and it breaks his heart because he doesn't understand them. Ones got depression and is on pills and the other is sensitive and shy and it's painful to watch. I'm not saying everybody mixed race will end up like this but I don't think it's fair. Just coz you've got a fetish for a different race you'll condemn your kids to a life of misery depending on where you raise them. Their black relatives were the ones who abandoned them by the way. His white family embraced them.

• that's what i mean, they need both sides so they can relate and understood who they are, if u one parent fucks off,

• when it all boils down to the core, I wish people would just be honest and say "I'm slightly uncomfortable with it"
      But they have put on this "act"

• Everybody lies like fuck these days so as not to get the finger pointed at them. Makes you kinda sick. No passion or conviction about anything anymore. There's so many people sitting on the fence it's beginning to collapse under the weight of fat arses. Young people are supposed to shape popular opinion not the other way around.

What Girls Said 27

• 100% yes!!! I am a product of a beautiful black mother and a dashing handsome chinese father.

• Plus althoughI am biracial; I am not confused about my identity. I first ifentify myself as a human being first; so I think the whole identity crises is a myth.

• @hypno-trip I mean mayb not ALL the time but if you see Chris Brown's friend there has the combo of black mom/Asian dad and I've actually seen other mixed of those combo and if I remembered they are cute too

• People of all races are equally beautiful thats what I feel. Plus beauty should not only be based on outer appearance... consider the inside too:)

• y wouldn't i? what on earth?

• Um I'm mixed and there is no confusion, im pretty nobody who is mixed is confused. Because they are neither black or white, they are mixed. That's what they are, but usually most mixed just refer to themselves as black.
    Yes my father is black and my mother is white, but I could care less that I'm in between. Your logic physically pains me.

• Nothing wrong with it. Mixed babies are beautiful.

• I see no problem.
    At the ene of the day, we're all human and love has no boundaries. Really race is only the coulor of our skin and how much pigment we have in our skin, it doesn't define hs
    And how can you "identity" with a race? Being a race doesn't alianate you from other races.
    Being mixed race is so common now and to be honest, is a race in itself. One of my best friends is mixed race, and she doesn't question this, she's actually proud that she's got different culture backgrounds.
    Maybe instead of questioning this, you should question your ignorence.

• 2|0
  • I'm in an interracial relationship

• Okay so thumbs down for interracial dating from those in the UK for the most part.
    From what a lot of the Brit folks I have seen on this site, I'm starting to develop my theory on them... they have quite high standards

They're likely the ones running around going : "EWWWWWW, you got the cooties"

They MAKE*** sure you know you're shorter than them

Okay cool..

• They'll REALLY be blunt about it and then smile in your face. Gotta love it... haha

• @NGBabes yeah great thanks for letting me know that London is the hub of multiculturalism. Who knows London might come 'round some day...

• Though my first instinct is to not jump off a 100 meter cliff, that's not to say that I make it a religion out of keeping ground under my feet. There's so much wrong with the world now; I don't worship that.

• Who cares what other's do with their life? I know a kid who has a white mother and black father, and she indentifies as both races, because she knows who she is. I honestly see no problem with it. Race is only on the outside, anyway.

• That's very true. Very few will admit that. They keep it to themselves. They do get confused when they are with full blooded race children.

• But people shouldn't identify with skin and appearances alone. If they do, these people are trapped with the limited perceptions of what it means to be a human, is it what we could become more as a person or is it what what our skin colour/looks can offer us in life?

• Lol that's a very odd sentiment. The kid could just take on the identity of whatever nation they belong to, or they could choose whether to identify as one ethnicity or both.

• No that will just make the child more open minded. He won't feel the need to choose. He'd probably just accept both cultures as his. Yes, I believe in interracial couples their children are typically the cutest

• If I was that child, I'd feel special and blessed. :) There's nothing to be confused about. My mom is middle eastern and my dad is from southern Asia. And its fun to blend into two different cultures. I feel unique tbh.

• I don't see a problem with it. Other people can do whatever they want. I wouldn't want to be in one though.

• I am biracial. I feel secure in my identity. I am also honored to have two very diverse cultures. Speaking Spanish and English is also really helpful when applying for jobs.

• I do believe in them. Cause they exist.

• there is nothing wrong with being interracial couples, yes it can be confusing for interracial children - but that doesn't mean that we are not accepted anywhere

• Sure, why not, who cares

• I think it's totally fine.

• There are so many interracial couples and a lot more coming so somwhere it works out. I think its possible

• Interracial couples definitely. Marriage and children in general. No

• I do, but do you?

• I agree with both and everyone I know hasn't had the problems you've envisaged

• Yes, two of my cousins married outside their race and both couples are perfectly happy

• Yes. This is such a stupid question...

• What would you know, are you biracial? You have no idea what some biracial people have to go through

• No I don't I think it is really wrong and should never be done and the children get picked on really bad because the parents chose to be stupid in my opinion who wants a half bread child

• Exactly but people who are biracial defend this, why should the child suffer because two stupid parents could keep it in their pants

• i mean people who are not biracial defend this

• It doesn't bother me. If they're happy and have a great family, then that's great.

What Guys Said 18

• Look at all the Caucasian and Jewish gays and tell me about confused identity!

I'm one of those interracial couples and all of us are doing well. Sure there are problems with racists, but that comes with the territory.

Yes, kids have divided cultural identies, but so do most people in a country of immigrants like the USA.

• I'd rather my child to see his identity in his interests, his religion, his character and personality, his family rather than his race which isn't an achievement.

They'd be mixed so shoudn't be debating the topic, they'd know who they are

• yessss... people can date each other no matter their skin color basically!

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• I know that, but i'm talking about the child feeling confused when it gets older

• @tenchu11 yes because it looks at it's mom and thinks it's white, then looks and its dad and thinks it's black

do you know what that feels like?

• Lol no, I went to college with mixed kids and high school too. Never crossed their minds ever. I'm half white half Hispanic and never wondered why my mom is light skinned and dad white.

• Yes, I do. It's the parents responsibility to create an environment where the child won't be confused with its identity.

• Of course, I'd date any women from any race or country if I felt attracted to her.

• I'm perfectly fine with it. The whole "what race am I" problem... If you can call it that... is overblown. You are mixed... simple. Done. Finito

• I believe in it!! In my opion it is not important if your parents have a different skin colour, more important that they love each other and the kids.

• My cousins area I racial and thy are perfectly happy. The only real problem is the parents my uncle doesn't always speak good English by it's mostly good enough...

• Dont see a problem it personally, I mean nothing bad can come from it in my opinion : )

• Yes why else would there be mixed babies?

• An individual's identity transcends race. Your opinion is flawed.

• I personally do not want to be apart of an interracial relationship. But if other people want to, good for them.

• Yes doesn't have to be the same race.

• You got a point...

• If they hold similar cultural belief, then is OK.
    If they do not, then it will suck.

• I wouldn't do it, because I want my kids to look like me.

• I'm mixed, and I've never had issues with racial identity. The genetic difference between my parents has actually only benefited me as it lead to my well above average genetic quality. I'm taller, stronger, faster, tougher and smarter than most. I value that genetic superiority over any social comfort I may or may not gain by looking like a specific race.

But I'm obviously just one guy, others may have issues with it.

• Believe in it? It's not a belief. If you mean believe in them working out, then sure. Nothing different with it then non-interracial couples or marriage/children.