Depression and marriage, coping when my husband is out with friends?

I'm in a mess. My head is all over the place, I'm sorry if this makes no sense. I am married to a wonderful man, he's kind and caring, but he's completely 'normal', he has no idea what depression is like. I'm struggling at the moment, I have bad social anxiety, I used to have many friends but got chronically ill a few years ago and lost most of my 'friends' because of it. The ones left have moved away. I'm trying so hard to make new friends, I'm in therapy and working on myself but with my ill health its hard to be regular anywhere where I can actually make new friends. My husband has a great set of friends and always has someone to call on when he needs them. He goes out weekly and during these times I struggle greatly, I've ended up having severe breakdowns. A few nights ago it got pretty bad, I ended up confiding in other men. I feel like absolute **** but I couldn't cope. I know it was selfish. I've spoken to my husband about this (not the men, but struggling being alone) when he started spending more time away from home I finally expressed how difficult I was finding life at the moment and being alone. I asked him to not go out so often, he would get bored and make plans and I would feel like he was making more effort with making himself happy than thinking of stuff we could do together. He said I was ridiculous a d being unreasonable. He never usually speaks to me like that so I took it to heart, I don't bring it up anymore. But when he goes out I do everything to just keep myself busy, happy, anything. I try and be positive and do new hobbies, some days I'm fine.. Others I just breakdown totally, the loneliness destroys me and my depression turns in on me. I'm struggling so bad and I don't know what to do. I want to be a better person, a happy person, more fun. I know its no fun being with a depressed person, I put on a brave face most times but I'm dying inside. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Try finding online friends, internet made the world smaller and it's the best way to get over anxiety

What Guys Said 1

• I would say go with your husband. I wouldn't mind a girl tagging a long. As long as she doesn't slow me down its fine.

What Girls Said 1

• Private message me and we can talk about it. You are describing my exact situation, and you are describing it very good.